NPSD: Zappa #43/50 Sandstorm Fade!

FantasyMetal

Hello everyone! This was a very sudden and unexpected NGD for me. Since the purchase of my Holcomb 24 I have been on SERIOUS PRS kick and of course, my desire for a Private Stock has been hard to quell. In any event, I bought a nice Violet AP 408 back in August that my Dad was really quite taken with. So when he announced to me that he was going to sell his Zappa Private Stock, I immediately offered my 408 in trade, which (with some cash on top) he gladly took. So now I am the proud owner of this beauty. He bought it in 2014 from one of the PRS dealers in Texas (Guitar Maverick or Guitar Resurrection maybe?) and basically put it in its case after inspecting it and never played it. So needless to say the guitar is FLAWLESS and is easily the nicest guitar I have EVER played in my 17 years of playing. I finally got a chance to snap some pics and do some recording with it. I've included a cover of "Kiss on my List" by Hall & Oates (warning: it's metal) that heavily features the Zappa (two rhythm standard tuned tracks, both harmony tracks and the lead track). Anyway, onto the sexiness...

https://soundcloud.com/edward-bernard/the-wet-dark-kiss-on-my-list

That fade is SICK, love the inlays too! One does not see too many Zappas out here - very very cool.

AND points for the Hall and Oates cover. I love those guys. I catch Live From Daryl's House whenever I can. Guitar sounds great, very cool version.

That fade is SICK, love the inlays too! One does not see too many Zappas out here - very very cool.

AND points for the Hall and Oates cover. I love those guys. I catch Live From Daryl's House whenever I can. Guitar sounds great, very cool version.

Thanks! It wouldn't be a color that I would order for myself, but how could I pass up such a great guitar! Thanks for the kind words on the cover, I just recently discovered Hall & Oates (I know it's sad that it took me this long) and I am definitely a Hallraiser now!

Very cool! That's a stellar looking Dweezil, love it! Guitar tracks sound awesome on Hall and Oates cover.

That is a beautiful guitar! Love the fade and color, and the Dweezil shape has always fascinated me.

And I love that cover of H&O Kiss Is On My List! I listen to lots of metal, including Black / Death / whatever, and you have adapted the song to the style very nicely, including the vocals!

one of my favorite fades on a unique design and Hall and Oats one of my favorite bands
from the eighties and this song is rendered in a very catchy way
Congrats and thanks for sharing

I like that design - stumbled upon it recently and thought it were new, the stump looks nautical to me, like a mermaids pouch (dog shark egg case)

Does it sit balanced?

That is a beautiful guitar! Love the fade and color, and the Dweezil shape has always fascinated me.

And I love that cover of H&O Kiss Is On My List! I listen to lots of metal, including Black / Death / whatever, and you have adapted the song to the style very nicely, including the vocals!
Thanks! I'm a big metalhead so all my songs invariably take that turn!

one of my favorite fades on a unique design and Hall and Oats one of my favorite bands
from the eighties and this song is rendered in a very catchy way
Congrats and thanks for sharing
The original is very catchy so I did my best to try to match it.

Outstanding!!!!
Great deal from Dad!!!!

Doesn't get much more unique that that!
It certainly does not.

I like that design - stumbled upon it recently and thought it were new, the stump looks nautical to me, like a mermaids pouch (dog shark egg case)

Does it sit balanced?
It is remarkably balanced, actually. It's some kind of sorcery!

Wow!!! Gorgeous...congratulations!
Thanks!

Back