NPSD: DGT 245 Burl-esque!!

Sometimes burl is just confusing-looking - to the point you are searching for some straight grain to come back to your senses.

But this - this one-piece monster - I don't think I'd EVER get tired of looking at that!

Even the case liner looks like it was made from the same tree...

[__________________] space reserved for worthy adjective.

DSC_0235_zps6ad4ddb8.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. No offense to some of the other PStocks coming out, but that's my vote for the cover of the next PS calendar.

As soon as I get settled into my new job, I'm there man!

This has messed with my head for ages too. The only way I can see it working is the plates aren't actually cut out from the body, what I think happens is this:

Back of the body is cut very straight, very accurately, with minimal finish sanding required
The piece that you have left over is then machined down, so you're left with a very thin piece of wood, that was originally just "above" the back of the body
This is then laminated to another piece of wood to make up the thickness of the plates
The plates are then cut out from this laminate
You end up with something that looks very much like the back of the body, but not exact exact (you can see a very, very tiny difference in some of the PSs with this trick)

Then again I could be totally wrong, it's quite possible that the geniuses at PRS came up with another way e.g. right angled router bit or using lasers and mirrors...

I think they are solid.... I will get you a pic!!

That guitar is just SICK!! Congrats Timmy!!!

I mean, wow! Even for this community, that is ridiculously awesome! Truly one of a kind.

That's great. I've read that solid maple bodies can sometimes be really heavy. I'll bet she sounds fantastic.

Yeah.... Burl is a lot more porous that regular maple. Sounds so sweet!!

Back