NPSD (Custom 24-08 Content)

Elegant stunning build, this color makes the quilt top pop more, the RW neck/ebony board combo, has warmth and attack at the same time.
I love the understated beauty of the MOP birds, my favorite always.
Enjoy the heck out of it in good health.

Great build. What a first PRS should be, your dream.

I couldn't agree more. I love the PRS look and feel, but I changed some specs that would just make it the dream guitar for me, the 1 guitar I could probably bring to every gig/use in any setting. Couldn't be happier with the result. Its the guitar I've been waiting for, where years of playing to find out what I like has resulted in.

Elegant stunning build, this color makes the quilt top pop more, the RW neck/ebony board combo, has warmth and attack at the same time.
I love the understated beauty of the MOP birds, my favorite always.
Enjoy the heck out of it in good health.

Thank you! Strangely enough, despite the quilt and gold hardware, modern and understated was what I was trying to go for with this private stock piece. Focused on playability based specs/upcharges and went relatively barebones on the aesthetics. Even the tuner buttons are anodized gold to make sure they don't tarnish from being so frequently touched with fingers.

The basic MOP old school birds are actually the favourite of mine. Glad I didn't go with J birds with filled centres cus these look more pronounced to me.

what is a trem up rout?

As opposed to being flat under the trem bridge, there is a little bit of the body routed out so that you can bend the trem the opposite way to pitch up instead of just down. Similar to a Floyd Rose routing, just very subtle on this guitar.

what is a trem up rout?

As opposed to being flat under the trem bridge, there is a little bit of the body routed out so that you can bend the trem the opposite way to pitch up instead of just down. Similar to a Floyd Rose routing, just very subtle on this guitar.

It used to be an option back in the day, but now it's just standard on the Tremonti. Allows you to do more extreme pull ups with the bar. Plus it avoids clacking the bridge plate onto the top whe you abuse the trem (like I do).

You can see it pretty well in the last couple of body pics from the OP.

That's right! Except the standard custom 24 allows for a light pull up as well, but this one is just a wee bit more. Also I realised I didn't post a pic of the back so here is one. Pretty normal mahogany back, nothing special to talk about, but the neck is quite a stunner. You can also see the features like the "no backplate" route and the small neck heel option. Gives me like...1 fret more access FWIW. Interestingly, it's not as extreme as it is on the custom 24 retros.

20190410_115239 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr

OMG!!! Got to go get a Shamwow to soak up all the drool I left on the floor staring at those pictures! What a guitar huge congratulations to you. Enjoy it!

Thanks guys! This will be the be all end all piece for me. By the way, for the 85/15 neck pickup, does anyone have any experience with them? I can't seem to get the attack I need.

Really dig how you spec'd out something truly unique. Congrats!

Not sure if you tried messing around with the pickup height or pole pieces for "attack" but just a thought...

She’s a beaut! Love that you went with some outta norm specs that suit your taste. That’s what PS is all about IMO.

Back