NPSD (Custom 24-08 Content)

eugeneelgr

@eugeneelgr
Hi guys,

Been lurking on here for the better part of 2 years, lusting over your various guitars where I finally decided to place an order for a PS last year. It finally arrived 2 days ago and I've finally got around to posting the photos the GF took of them. Without further ado...
2ejviHA

2e2yvJ6

2ejviHL

ThdK33

DSC09211 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr
DSC09200 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr
DSC09215 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr
DSC09226 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr
DSC09236 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr
DSC09234 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr
DSC09241 by Eugene Lee, on Flickr

ThdK4L

Specs wise, I did go with a few features not on the core lines, namely

Stainless Steel DGT frets
14" radius
Small neck heel
Trem up route

Woods wise its south american mahogany body, quilt maple top, ebony fretboard, honduran rosewood neck. I had asked for the neck humbucker to be the "right" way round, with the screws nearer the neck, but they did the same thing for the bridge humbucker as well. Haven't spend enough time to pick up what differences in tone it has, does anyone have any input on this?

Congrats!
Very unique Quilt on that one...the custom color really enhances it too.

Wow, stunning guitar, congrats! Love that color with that quilt top! You can tell how much depth there is in the figure from the photos.

Heard good things about Honduran RW necks, classic combo a RW neck with an Ebony board. Such a clean look with those inlays too.

I’m also a sucker for a good South American Mahogany back, though I have been pleased with their African hog backs in their thicker body styles.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!

I used to think I'd want a 25.5" scale, but honestly the 25" scale didn't lead in a huge decrease in tension, since my 10 gauge elixirs on this felt more taut than my 9 gauge elixirs on a 25.5" scale, glad I stuck with 25". The fretboard doesn't feel cramped at all, and any help in doing wider stretches is welcome.

With the small neck heel, upper fret access is also the best in my collection. The lower horn is a little narrow if I do wide stretches, but it's only at the high frets of the fretboard.

Fretwork is pretty sick, I'm no expert and not picky so I can't comment much but it's comfortable and no sharp edges whatsoever. Action was abit high when I got it so when I did bends the other strings would dig into my fingers but nothing a setup can't solve.

Only flaw this has is one of the ivoroid side markers is abit blemished with a black line/crack across it, I'll try to get a picture of this but honestly, doesn't bother me one bit.

This piece was also suprisingly lightweight. One comment would probably be it doesn't balance as well when i put it on my leg while sitting down playing. Always seems to pull in either direction.

Trem is one of the best non-locking ones I've ever tried. My first experience with the PRS trem. Was abusing the hell out of it and tuning didn't budge. Pretty comfortable when resting my hands on it too and I can hit palm mutes on the higher strings really comfortably.

Not an important point but it's the first electric in awhile where I get to use the tuners, previous ones are either with a locking nut or a headless design. Quite a treat, weirdly haha.

The split tones are cool, chimey but usable. The bridge humbucker (85/15 MT) is nice and warm, not muddy at all. The neck pickup(85/15 MT) is pretty meh, coming from a BKP VHii but I'll probably try to adjust the heights and get it to produce a little more attack and those squishy overtones I love.

The pickup selector is a little out of the way for me to do super quick pickup changes, but I'd reckon it's just a matter of getting used to rather than an actual design flaw.

All in all, great guitar, amazing craftmanship and very inspiring to play.

Absolutely gorgeous! I wish trem up route was an option on core models. What neck profile did you go with?

I went with pattern thin! Haven't spent enough time with it to comment fully but initial impressions are that it's really comfortable. Thinner than I thought it would be, has quite a bit of shoulder which are great for bends.

Back