NPRSD: 25th Anniversary SAS Angry Larry

I got a lot more playing time on this SAS today, with most of it on the Dallas 50 combo. Maybe it is still the honeymoon phase, but all I can say is that it has been awhile since I've been smitten by a guitar! This thing simply gives me all the sweet tones I could want in one package.

fullsizeoutput_14ee_zpslyjsmyre.jpeg

I know Larry, and here’s the story he told me. Matty Eriza had taken a blue color to Larry to show him. Larry loved it, and said we’re going to name it after you, Blue Matteo. Matt was very happy with this. The finish dept then came up with this new red burst. When they took it to Larry, he loved it. So they told Larry it would be known as angry Larry. He laughed and said ok. I don’t know how he was then, but he is the least angry person I know. A real gentleman who still loves guitars and sells them at Washington Music Center. Ho got bored with retirement, and went back to work after a couple of years. Can you guess where they got Eriza Verde from? Congrats on the score. You got the better end of the deal.
Very cool story! Thanks for sharing.

Found this link where he visited the PRS factory to select the wood for a guitar finished in his color:
http://www.twipu.com/chucklevins/tweet/930813564365000704

DOrpf6YX0AILFcl.jpg

Back