NPRSD: 25th Anniversary SAS Angry Larry

Rick Lewis

I am simply amazed with how well this 2010 SAS plays and sounds! It cost me a very dear Rosewood neck Fender American Professional Tele, but I am fully satisfied with my trade.

I won't bore you with too many details on these Narrowfield pickups, because it was the many reviews from y'all that got me searching for one of these. But these PU's are unique and great sounding. Mini humbucker, P90, strat single coils...those sounds are there in spades.

So far I've only played it thru my Supro Tremo-Verb at home. But Wow!!!

fullsizeoutput_14df_zpsmzyq7f52.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_14e1_zpssmmjwnap.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_14e2_zpssite5pnt.jpeg

The left horn on this guitar and the ones from your other thread pic are severely underrepresented. All horns are created equal.

It is an interesting name. Anyone know how they came up with it?
I know Larry, and here’s the story he told me. Matty Eriza had taken a blue color to Larry to show him. Larry loved it, and said we’re going to name it after you, Blue Matteo. Matt was very happy with this. The finish dept then came up with this new red burst. When they took it to Larry, he loved it. So they told Larry it would be known as angry Larry. He laughed and said ok. I don’t know how he was then, but he is the least angry person I know. A real gentleman who still loves guitars and sells them at Washington Music Center. Ho got bored with retirement, and went back to work after a couple of years. Can you guess where they got Eriza Verde from? Congrats on the score. You got the better end of the deal.

Back