NpoGD (long lost old-school McCarty goodness is home!)

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
Happy New previously owned Guitar Day to me!!

This story involves this guitar:

l9xsoZp.jpg

MWNnd90.jpg

These are 2007 shop pictures of a lovely McCarty I had the privilege of owning many moons ago. I really liked the guitar and played it for years, but after finding my beloved SC245 Goldtop, the McCarty sat in its case for a while, and in a fit of delusional downsizing I unfortunately decided to move it. It sold the day I put it up on Kijiji and it took me at least three weeks to admit to myself that I regretted doing it... In the words of Joni Mitchell, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone...

That was five years ago... This is today:

lCirZgs.jpg

r68qFsX.jpg

Someone posted a link to the for sale ad with a pic from a Facebook group up on a Canadian guitar forum I frequent; I recognized the guitar, contacted the seller, and bought her back immediately. It was less than 14 hours from seeing the ad to having it in my hands, and I first saw the ad at 8:00 p.m.

She's not a 10 top, but she's got a one piece top, an antique violin wrap finish, moons (oh, I've missed moons), gold hardware, weighs in at 7.4 lbs, rings like a bell, and still has those lovely McCarty pups for that dark, fat sound... The guitar had at least two owners in the five years it's been gone, and neither of them played it as far as I can tell. It has no scars I didn't put there myself, no fret wear, no new wear on the gold tailpiece or pickups... The case still had a piece of painter's tape on the end with the word "McCarty" penned on it in my hand writing. The original sales receipt envelope is still in the case, and the modcat sticker and my notes regarding the particulars of the guitar not on the bird tag are still there in the pocket, along with all the other assorted case candy from the original sale. It was dusty and the strings needed changing bad, but otherwise it's like it never left.

To top it off, I got a hell of a deal on the guitar, too... I paid damn near exactly what I sold it for 5 years ago! Not that I'd tell the seller this, but I would've gladly paid 50% more to get this one back...

I'm giddy. I'm thrilled. I'm lucky as hell. All of the above!

Last edited:
Happy New previously owned Guitar Day to me!!

This story involves this guitar:

l9xsoZp.jpg

MWNnd90.jpg

These are 2007 shop pictures of a lovely McCarty I had the privilege of owning many moons ago. I really liked the guitar and played it for years, but after finding my beloved SC245 Goldtop, the McCarty sat in its case for a while, and in a fit of delusional downsizing I unfortunately decided to move it. It sold the day I put it up on Kijiji and it took me at least three weeks to admit to myself that I regretted doing it... In the words of Joni Mitchell, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone...

That was five years ago... This is today:

lCirZgs.jpg

r68qFsX.jpg

Someone posted a link to the for sale ad with a pic from a Facebook group up on a Canadian guitar forum I frequent; I recognized the guitar, contacted the seller, and bought her back immediately. It was less than 14 hours from seeing the ad to having it in my hands, and I first saw the ad at 8:00 p.m.

She's not a 10 top, but she's got a one piece top, an antique violin wrap finish, moons (oh, I've missed moons), gold hardware, weighs in at 7.4 lbs, rings like a bell, and still has those lovely McCarty pups for that dark, fat sound... The guitar had at least two owners in the five years it's been gone, and neither of them played it as far as I can tell. It has no scars I didn't put there myself, no fret wear, no new wear on the gold tailpiece or pickups... The case still had a piece of painter's tape on the end with the word "McCarty" penned on it in my hand writing. The original sales receipt envelope is still in the case, and the modcat sticker and my notes regarding the particulars of the guitar not on the bird tag are still there in the pocket, along with all the other assorted case candy from the original sale. It was dusty and the strings needed changing bad, but otherwise it's like it never left.

To top it off, I got a hell of a deal on the guitar, too... I paid damn near exactly what I sold it for 5 years ago! Not that I'd tell the seller this, but I would've gladly paid 50% more to get this one back...

I'm giddy. I'm thrilled. I'm lucky as hell. All of the above!
Beautiful

Back