NPGD (Formerly Incoming!)

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
This is one of those days when time just got away from me. Had to head to my local pusher to replace a guitar cable that went bad. I had an e-mail that said my UPS delivery was scheduled for 8:30-9:45 AM. On a Saturday? When I got up - no delivery. So I told my son to keep his ears open and get the delivery. When I got home - there was the box. On the porch. As my wife put it, “he had one job”. Fortunately I had pre-signed for it.

So, here it is...

front.jpg

The new parlor, of course! As soon as I heard it on the demos, I knew I was going to want one. As soon as I saw the price, I knew I was getting one. The satin finish looks good, but man - that back!

back.jpg

The neck has some nice figuring, too.

neck.jpg

I knew I wanted the one with a pickup. What I didn’t catch on demos and such was that it’s not an endpin jack - it’s shifted a bit more towards where you’d find an electric guitar jack.

jack.jpg

Last edited:
It has just the sound you’d expect from a parlor - it seems very focused, like it will cut through very easily. I’d say mid-focused. It’s not boomy, but it is loud. Louder than I expected.

Sadly, it’s going to have to go back - it was out of tune. Davy Knowles got one in that was in tune. Why not me? :p

Last edited:
Such a tease!

I don't mean to be a tease, but I had to start the thread when I did because it's been a lifelong dream to start thread #43645 on this forum. My grandfather, who died before I was born, told me on his deathbed that he hoped that one day, I'd start a thread with that number on an Internet forum about a three-letter guitar company because it was the phone number of the love of his life. I said, "That was grandma's phone number?" He said, "Leave her out of this, we're talking about pizza."

Sweet! Are you the first forum-member with a P20?
Mine landed last Tuesday. Cool little guitar. I’ve been slammed with work and haven’t had it out of the bag for more than 30 minutes. Furlough week starts today, so I’m hoping to have some quality guitar time this week.

Back