NPD!

Nice pillow! Looks like it's had a trim... :)

OK! I've spent a lot of today shooting a quick video and then downloading the PowerDirector demo (good call!) in order to splice it up and add intro/outro/text/FX etc.

It should be going live in 30 mins here:

Nice pillow! Looks like it's had a trim... :)

OK! I've spent a lot of today shooting a quick video and then downloading the PowerDirector demo (good call!) in order to splice it up and add intro/outro/text/FX etc.

It should be going live in 30 mins here:

Im a fan of pillowscaping. I try to keep it from becoming unruly for guests.

Good vid! I wish more gear reviewers played The Vapors riffs when demoing guitars.

If you could, let me know if the video served its purpose. Was there anything I could have done better? What is your take on the difference in sound?
--> Unfortunately I didn't have much time so it was done quickly..

Nice job!

...and yes, I agree that playing the same riff/sequence/chords makes for easier and better comparisons.

I think I'm turning Japanese!

Any preference - 85/15 or 57/08?
I played them again tonight and what a difference. The violet one might actually be my favourite now and I never thought I'd say that!
Wood Library really makes a difference... the neck feels like velvet!

Excellent playing, of course! I wish I had your chops!

One minor suggestion: I found myself wishing for more detail in the recording to highlight the tone differences in both the pickups and the switch positions. I have guitars with both pickups, and so I was missing some of the differences between them, and even between the switching positions.

How did you mic up the cab?

Hi!
I think you're right - admittedly it was done in a bit of a rush and then most of the time was spent learning how to use the new video editor.

I put my amp at the other side of the room with a Zoom H2n in front of it.

I deliberately didn't use high gain as that masks all of the individuality.

Next time I'll spend more time on it and try to pick licks that show the differences better. I think the sound is pretty close to 57/08 in general. I'm actually liking the violet guitar more just now!

Last edited:
Hi!
I think you're right - admittedly it was done in a bit of a rush and then most of the time was spent learning how to use the new video editor.

I put my amp at the other side of the room with a Zoom H2n in front of it.

I deliberately didn't use high gain as that masks all of the individuality.

Next time I'll spend more time on it and try to pick licks that show the differences better. I think the sound is pretty close to 57/08 in general. I'm actually liking the violet guitar more just now!

I agree, it's always better to compare pickups clean. I kind of figured that the clip was recorded by a portable device instead of a mic setup, because I was missing that detailed sound one gets with a mic.

Not that it didn't sound good, just that it didn't pick up as much detail.

It's a pretty good bunch of condenser mics in the H2n, though.
Do you do music for a living? I saw a thread where you said you were recording something for somebody..? Just curious!

OMG...... guys...... the guitar I wanted didn't sell and is back for sale. But no need now as I have 85/15s. It'd just be to have a nice different colour 30th model. Anyway here it is:
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=150903289138002-160769

If only lol!

It's had more play time now and I have to say, the violet one with 85/15s is getting more play time than the orange one with 57/08s.
I'm actually thinking about selling my Suhr Pro S4 and just keeping these two Cu24s and nothing else.

Back