Noticed an issue at rehearsal last night.

Lovely guitar - glad you managed to sort it.

One of the intonation screws on my 2018 CU24 also managed to work its way loose and fell out. Thankfully this was at a rehearsal so managed to find it, I doubt if I would have managed to if it had been a gig! Anyway I screwed it back in and it seems fine, though as with yours the intonation was ok.

I'm not familiar with the MODCAT decoder and messing with a PUP makes me nervous to be honest.
If your guitar comes with the hang tags, it is often on a sticker that is placed on the tag itself.

In this case, I had to pull the pickup to access the foot that is threaded for the screw anyway. So, since the strings were already off, and I already had one out, I just popped off the whole pickup ring without changing the pickup at all for the bridge. Just a simple matter of unscrewing four screws, and then putting them back in.

If your guitar comes with the hang tags, it is often on a sticker that is placed on the tag itself.

In this case, I had to pull the pickup to access the foot that is threaded for the screw anyway. So, since the strings were already off, and I already had one out, I just popped off the whole pickup ring without changing the pickup at all for the bridge. Just a simple matter of unscrewing four screws, and then putting them back in.
One day I might get brave or experiment on my SE first :p

Got here in plenty of time :)

20221215_144806_by_klbryanphotography_dfkcokn-fullview.jpg

Hey KB, what part number are these?

That is a nice guitar. Also, I've had both these issues too. I opened a thread on the pickup falling into the cavity. I found the spring was missing and replaced it, but the pickup still lowers itself over hours of playing. I just keep an eye on it and bring it up every once in a while, since there is no way to fix it once it falls all the way in without taking the pickup out. Someone suggested some Teflon tape or non-permanent Loc-Tite (the gummy kind) and I will put that in the next time it falls all the way in and I need to take it out again.

I also had the intonation screw fall out and miraculously found it again. One thing I noticed about most core and CE PRS is that for the height to be low and the intonation correct on the high E string, the saddle has to be flush down and intonation up as far as possible, so the intonation screw is at it max and the height screws are usually sitting loose and at danger of falling out. The bridge design thankfully keeps the saddle in and lined up properly, but it is a good idea to put a few drops of Loc-Tite to keep all the screws from falling out.

One thing I noticed about most core and CE PRS is that for the height to be low and the intonation correct on the high E string, the saddle has to be flush down and intonation up as far as possible, so the intonation screw is at it max and the height screws are usually sitting loose and at danger of falling out.
That seems to be what I see as well. In order for it to be intonated correctly, it is maxed out on the screw length. So it isn't really "tight" like the others.

Put a drop of finger nail polish on the threads near the point of contact, or on the perimiter of the screw head to lock it in place. It chips off and breaks loose when the screw is turned if you need to change the setting. This is an old tech tip used in electronics work to lock down potentiometers. I used a color to show it was there but you may want to use clear.

Back