Not a forum contest...but for the forum

If I win I’m gonna get the pic of the bonni pink Santana with the tree of life inlay laminated and put it on the ceiling above my bed.

Hmm, should I go ahead and buy stock in kleenex? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I mean, we've all been there, right? Farrah, Elle, Christie, Cheryl and I had a lot of fun back in the day...sheesh, I'm showing my age with those references.

No pics of giving him the book. I was thinking of writing a note to him in it but decided just to leave the shrink wrap on. I have hundreds of other unpublished pics though of the shows from on stage and beside/on the edge of the curtain. It's funny that you showed the video of Foo Fighters. They are huge Rush fans and showed up at many of the shows. Neil is Hawkins idol and he acts like an excited kid in the group's presence. It's funny.
Yep they are serious fanboys, as am I. Taylor and Dave inducting them into the R&R Hall of Fame and then playing 2112 in kimonos and wigs was freaking awesome!

Yep they are serious fanboys, as am I. Taylor and Dave inducting them into the R&R Hall of Fame and then playing 2112 in kimonos and wigs was freaking awesome!

Lister, really glad you appreciate them and are in tune w Foo Fighters' admiration for them as well. Very interesting evening at Staple Center LA. I was sitting on Jack's bench about 4 feet from where Alex's tech Bucky was set up. Two guys were hanging around behind him most of the evening that I didn't recognize and then near the end the dark hair guy grabbed a guitar and did the switch instead of Bucky. I figured they were just buddies of Bucky. After the last song I left through the stage stairs through a maze of tunnels to the bus. On the way down the stairs the two fellows were walking down just ahead of me and I (being the smart ass) yelled, so you want to be a guitar tech eh! They turn around to see who the smart ass was and chuckled. About half hour later on the bus, Bucky looks at me and says, you know who those guys were you joking with Mark? I said no, who. He said they were good friends of the group. It was Grohl and Hawkins. Sorry for the long post but thought some would like it.

I have a new capo. G7th Heritage with a 12 string compensated pad. Very classy and lite, and expensive.
Here is a video of how to use one.

HI3Vg3Ew_o.jpg

E1yYGyVk_o.jpg

Most of you have heard this story before, but a few years back, a friend of mine got me backstage to see/meet Alex and Geddy...actually side stage, and on stage (pre-show, of course)...Both guys were gracious and humble and awesome, etc... But my most distinct memory is talking with Alex's tech about them having switched the tuners on his old CE-24. As I bent over to look closer, my big rump hit the Omega stand holding the Ovation Classical (Yes, THE TREES guitar!!!) It rocked back and forth on the three legs a few times, and by the time I steadied it, I was sweating like a pig in a charcoal pit in the ground!!!...had to share...saw lots of previous Rush/Foo anecdotes...Love all those guys.
oh, my original idea for a post...blah, blah, blah...blah blah blah blah...(you get the idea) (#$%^&$%^$%^&* you, Jann Wenner!!!)

Most of you have heard this story before, but a few years back, a friend of mine got me backstage to see/meet Alex and Geddy...actually side stage, and on stage (pre-show, of course)...Both guys were gracious and humble and awesome, etc... But my most distinct memory is talking with Alex's tech about them having switched the tuners on his old CE-24. As I bent over to look closer, my big rump hit the Omega stand holding the Ovation Classical (Yes, THE TREES guitar!!!) It rocked back and forth on the three legs a few times, and by the time I steadied it, I was sweating like a pig in a charcoal pit in the ground!!!...had to share...saw lots of previous Rush/Foo anecdotes...Love all those guys.
oh, my original idea for a post...blah, blah, blah...blah blah blah blah...(you get the idea) (#$%^&$%^$%^&* you, Jann Wenner!!!)
Love the blah, blah, blah speech! I had to present to the whole company a few months back and that was my intro and my finale :) Not quite the same applause though...:D

Lister, really glad you appreciate them and are in tune w Foo Fighters' admiration for them as well. Very interesting evening at Staple Center LA. I was sitting on Jack's bench about 4 feet from where Alex's tech Bucky was set up. Two guys were hanging around behind him most of the evening that I didn't recognize and then near the end the dark hair guy grabbed a guitar and did the switch instead of Bucky. I figured they were just buddies of Bucky. After the last song I left through the stage stairs through a maze of tunnels to the bus. On the way down the stairs the two fellows were walking down just ahead of me and I (being the smart ass) yelled, so you want to be a guitar tech eh! They turn around to see who the smart ass was and chuckled. About half hour later on the bus, Bucky looks at me and says, you know who those guys were you joking with Mark? I said no, who. He said they were good friends of the group. It was Grohl and Hawkins. Sorry for the long post but thought some would like it.

Your story reminded me of this clip -

Your story reminded me of this clip -

Alnus, this is great thanks. The funny thing is this really hits home. Somehow ;) one of my guitars actually did get placed in the dressing room. A PRS, cu24 natural of course. After the show Alex came out and said, "Mark, you want me to sign this, I'm not going to see this on EBay am I?" I said of course not. Ged was standing there actually talking to Jack Black and Alex shoved the guitar in Geddy's chest and said "sign Mark's guitar here". He looked up at me, smiled and autographed it. Jack Black stood there smiling and drooling over the guitar and said, "wish that was mine."

Geddy wrote a book and will be in Ridgewood, N.J. signing and meeting folks at the Bookends Bookstore at 5 pm Dec. 18.

Last edited:
Back