Not a forum contest...but for the forum

Sometimes, just sometimes, I see a Private Stock guitar and think to myself something like, "<insert exclamation here> that is WAY over the top", as in way too much, as in too fancy-pants, as in no, I don't like it because it's too fancy.

Perhaps I've just seen too many over-the-top amazing Private Stock photos and my brain has become numb from the experience. Yes, I think that's it. Sometimes they look so good that my brain can't handle it. Does not compute as the saying goes.

On the other hand I've also seen PS guitars that look no better then normal core models and I think to myself, "Why is this a Private Stock guitar?"

Perhaps I'm just spoiled. My current PRS guitar collection consists of such great looking Core models, both 10 Top and non 10 tops so maybe I've become desensitized to how good PRS guitars look.

Do I want a Private Stock guitar? I'm not sure. Do I want a PRS doubleneck guitar? YES, but they are only available in Private Stock and I so guess I don't really want one that bad.

So what is my point to this post? I don't know that either because I'm drinking Rum & Diet Coke at the moment.

For a while, when I liked something a lot, I didn’t want to risk it dying before I did so I got a backup while they were still available. Hence:
Spare HB
Spare not so dirty 100
But I really needed a spare spare on Saturday when I got 2 flats in the middle of West Virginia.

Hmmm......spare Dirty 100? I can hook you up!

Yes.
Saying “I hope jfb has a killer vacation” also counts.

Great book, great guy, great idea.

And, yes. The vacation is going well. Right now I'm on a giant boat between Key West and Cozumel. It's been beautiful, currently raining. Luckily my seat under the stars is also under some protection from being drenched.

Hmmm......spare Dirty 100? I can hook you up!
This is my spare. Same specs except for a glossy top and an f hole.
CK_073MochaBurlBodyAAA.JPG

Great book, great guy, great idea.

And, yes. The vacation is going well. Right now I'm on a giant boat between Key West and Cozumel. It's been beautiful, currently raining. Luckily my seat under the stars is also under some protection from being drenched.

Good thing you're outta Dodge. I hear 5 inches of snow for St. Louis today.

Back