NOS 2013?

SundanceSanDiego

I've come across a dealer with a new PRS from yes, 7 whole years ago. Any thoughts or experience with what might be an issue with a guitar that's been in a case in a warehouse that long?

I can easily imagine tarnished brass bits to polish up but not sure if there would be any electrical or other caveats?

I bought a "new/NOS" 2011 McCarty from a well-known authorized dealer in 2019. Bottom line is that the guitar is (and was) perfectly awesome and brand-new looking & feeling. In fact, I wish I could go back in time and buy it in 2011, so that I could've been enjoying one of the best guitars I've ever played since then.

I don’t foresee any particular issues. Most stores that have enough guitars that one could be hanging out that long know how to store them. Most of my guitars have spent 98% of their life sitting in a case for longer than that.

I've bought lots of forgotten NOS guitars in the past...usually it's a treat to see a brand new old guitar...I've never had issues...of course i did change strings LOL.

Unless San Diego is swampier than I think, or the guitar's been abused, I'd think it should be perfectly fine. 2013 PRS guitars were good ' uns and my 7-year old guitars are in good shape despite my mitts having been all over them.

It’s probably in better condition than my 2013 guitar. Hopefully it still has the 2013 price tag on it.

Yup...I've seen many NOS guitars...Nothing wrong with them...they just sat, unloved, for a long time.
I would recommend asking about possible issues...though. (Also, should go old pricing, I would think...)

i.e. Years ago, my wife and I visited a GC in Maryland, and they had red-hot spot lights in their bass room.
So much so, my wife noticed the frets were hanging out of the fingerboard edges on both sides of an Alembic neck, horribly.

(needless to say, when she pointed this out to me, that's the most I'd been turned-on by a woman in a Loooooong time!!!!!);):p:p:p:p:D

thanks all - guitar in question is a Signature Limited from 2011/2012 (stamped as 2012 so presume it's part of the larger limited run), basically a 408 from the run that was controversially called 'sinker mahogany' (neck only if I remember correctly)

forgot to mention, guitar is not in San Diego, part of a well-know dealer's inventory (they mentioned it's in their warehouse).

thanks all - guitar in question is a Signature Limited from 2011/2012 (stamped as 2012 so presume it's part of the larger limited run), basically a 408 from the run that was controversially called 'sinker mahogany' (neck only if I remember correctly)
Grab that. It is basically they precursor to the 408.
They did 100 Private Stock Signature guitars. They did well so they did a core run of Signature Limited. People gobbled those up and 408 became a regular model.

Back