Northern Lights video...

Indeed blues seem especially terrible with fading.
I’ve seen plenty of blue colored PRS that faded and it’s usually not pretty. On the plus side, you can always get it refinished for a modest $1.5-2k ;-) once it fades.
I know, right? Haha. Even worse on this guitar because the maple neck is faded dark to light blue up the neck. I just went in and stood the case up and leaned it against a wall in the closet and put the guitar in. I lost wall art but maybe I will gain some sanity.

Speaking of fading, here's what happened to a Private Stock from a store in less than a year, and I very much doubt they were exposed to direct sunlight...:
olij34faigeu10qjwsfq.jpg

zf2re6oljv5wm5sdt50j.jpg

and couple of their WL (in less than a year):
ajpox5okdzwjnbno9s56.jpg

18252660.jpg

ghbwr0swq4fgopfpjo03.jpg

18253965.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of fading, here's what happened to a Private Stock from a store in less than a year, and I very much doubt they were exposed to direct sunlight...:
olij34faigeu10qjwsfq.jpg

zf2re6oljv5wm5sdt50j.jpg

and couple of their WL (in less than a year):
ajpox5okdzwjnbno9s56.jpg

18252660.jpg

ghbwr0swq4fgopfpjo03.jpg

18253965.jpg
I actually like these fades as much as the original finish. But...if I purchased the original finish because I loved it, I’d possibly be disappointed and want PRS to fix it.

Wow, what a beautiful guitar! I've been playing guitar since I was 15, and I have both an acoustic and an electric guitar. But their appearance is more unadorned) Although the sound is chic. By the way, I'll tell you a funny case. One night I was practicing on the guitar, and my father entered the room and told me to stop because the light from my room prevents him from falling asleep. It wasn't too late, and I didn't think he was going to bed. But it made me laugh that it wasn't my loud guitar playing that was bothering him, but the lights on. As he later explained to me, he sleeps in earplugs and can't hear me. But since I have no other time to rehearse except in the evening, I ordered an automatic led night from Amazon, and no one else bothers anyone.

Last edited:
So this photo is a merge of several different photos. The northern lights are 3 different pix I took, and the land is Gjain, in Iceland. I could not help but combine them, although I could do better, just don't have the time. I have never in my life been anywhere in the world that felt like a different world the way Gjain does!!! Well, I never felt that way without the aid of hallucinogenics I should say ;~)) If you ever get to Iceland, be sure to put Gjain on your list. As you are driving up to it, you will think you are on Mars or the Moon, and then you get to the cliffs edge where this photo was taken and go OMG! Several films have been shot at that location because of it's fairy tale other worldlieness! Sorry if you don't like the ultra blasted colors, but I like the extreme color pops! Maybe that is why I like PRS ;~)))
NorthernLightsCollage_Gjain.jpg

So this photo is a merge of several different photos. The northern lights are 3 different pix I took, and the land is Gjain, in Iceland. I could not help but combine them, although I could do better, just don't have the time. I have never in my life been anywhere in the world that felt like a different world the way Gjain does!!! Well, I never felt that way without the aid of hallucinogenics I should say ;~)) If you ever get to Iceland, be sure to put Gjain on your list. As you are driving up to it, you will think you are on Mars or the Moon, and then you get to the cliffs edge where this photo was taken and go OMG! Several films have been shot at that location because of it's fairy tale other worldlieness! Sorry if you don't like the ultra blasted colors, but I like the extreme color pops! Maybe that is why I like PRS ;~)))
NorthernLightsCollage_Gjain.jpg
That def looks like a place visited in my mind while on hallucinogenics! Cool.

That def looks like a place visited in my mind while on hallucinogenics! Cool.
Thanks! This was supposed to go into the "Show your photos" thread started by Shawn though. Kind of Matrix like that it ended up here. I did have this thread open at the same time, but did not intend on posting this here, even though it had the northern lights connection. Oh well, I will post something else over there! Glad you like!

Back