Northeast U.S.

Yeah, my knees are already feeling it:(. Cant wait until summer. FWIW, My brother lives in Uncasville, and my dad was from Ansonia/Derby. We even have a road named after the family there

You could try and look at things this way: The rainy/winter season is the off-season for music jams...longer days with sunshine soon. That means more time to spend gardening, cookouts, music, and social activities. Winter/rainy we're cooped up indoors twiddling & noodling until the music scene opens up again...makes sense to practice now so your chops will be in good shape come gig season...

Well a couple hours ago I was told 6 inches of snow coming with a possibility of 12 inches total.

THIS SUCKS

Yeah, but the nightlife meanwhile makes it worthwhile. I usually don't complain myself because I've been trained not to, but I do know warm breezes are signs of spring...that I can wait for...winter is only 1 seasons of 4 that doesn't last all year, until you live in the Antarctic.

Here's what was just grilled up for dinner...an Asian-seasoned pork chop with some reheated home fries. The grill didn't was only several minutes time and it gave me a chance for take in some fresh air.

hAvNWRI.jpg

Well a couple hours ago I was told 6 inches of snow coming with a possibility of 12 inches total.

THIS SUCKS

When I went to bed last night they were saying 6 to 10 inches of snow by Wednesday night. This morning, they’re saying 1 to 2 inches of snow. Gotta love it!

When I went to bed last night they were saying 6 to 10 inches of snow by Wednesday night. This morning, they’re saying 1 to 2 inches of snow. Gotta love it!

Kind of looking like my area will get zero inches this week. I do love that!!

Last night, the forecast was downgraded from drenching rains Tuesday through Thursday to overcast skies and afternoon showers with perhaps an all-day milder rain event Thursday.

That certainly is better than what was forecast 3 days ago. At least the knees aren't feeling things so badly, and it'll be possible to lift with them more easily this week.

Last night, the forecast was downgraded from drenching rains Tuesday through Thursday to overcast skies and afternoon showers with perhaps an all-day milder rain event Thursday.

That certainly is better than what was forecast 3 days ago. At least the knees aren't feeling things so badly, and it'll be possible to lift with them more easily this week.
We had Blizzard warnings the last 2 days, worked from home yesterday, went out in it today. We live in the lake effect zone of western NY. Its just another winter day as far as I'm concerned.

We had Blizzard warnings the last 2 days, worked from home yesterday, went out in it today. We live in the lake effect zone of western NY. Its just another winter day as far as I'm concerned.

Southern New England has been spared the brunt of snow accumulation this year (December had much more). My front yard daffodils are beginning to poke their leafy heads up from soil level, so barring any major snow events, what we've thus received far is a good dose of rain. It's mostly cold, but several times we had warm fronts with above 50°F temperatures.

Yet, the dip in the polar vortex every so often brings us 10-20°F temperatures. The maple syrup season has been good this year, one benefit of the weather pattern.

The focus of the news broadcast this evening was mostly about coronavirus and preparedness. Although winter is typical a time of colds and flu, I don't get why viruses are associated with cold weather. Do you?

Only thing I can relate to regards this is the fact that kids in school are usually the root cause of what brings cold and flu season on. Kids during the summer could sleep as late as they wished, yet with school, they're in close quarters, hugging, not getting enough sleep...no wonder every year cold and flu season begins the same time school starts each year! Parents might remind kids about preventive measures before they bring something home that infects the family.

Yet, in Southern New England we're used to changeable weather...Mark Twain once quipped that "If you don't like our weather, wait a minute." While that may not be exactly correct, I remember studying in college where you might need to bring an umbrella in the morning but not need it until 4 PM, when it would pour.

I think I've grown out of college and not needed to look back on past history that much. Not sure what the future holds for my immediate family, but just as long as I've no complaints and can laugh at myself when I mess up, I think life can be decent though I think it's better when others forgive the ineptitude rather than ridicule. Too much of that in late night comedy these days.

Meanwhile, enjoy the snow, and if possible, tend the fireplace with a cuppa tea and a good book instead of plunking down in front of the TV. Gotta remember to clean house Saturday for my nephew's visit, then treat my nephew to some music after we complete a work project together. My docket this weekend, thanks. Cheers.

Strolled in here a bit late! At the time you posted your OP, prep for the gig last weekend was afoot.

Two rehearsals, Monday and Friday, delivering PA to the venue Thursday night, Saturday was the first 8 piece gig we did together! All went well and the crowd had a ball, as did we!

Very proud of my kids, my daughter for her fantastic voice and my son for playing sax and drums! Talented little bairns!!

So all the chores got shelved and I fell a bit behind on here, but hey that’s why we come here to learn and have fun!

Strolled in here a bit late! At the time you posted your OP, prep for the gig last weekend was afoot.

Two rehearsals, Monday and Friday, delivering PA to the venue Thursday night, Saturday was the first 8 piece gig we did together! All went well and the crowd had a ball, as did we!

Very proud of my kids, my daughter for her fantastic voice and my son for playing sax and drums! Talented little bairns!!

So all the chores got shelved and I fell a bit behind on here, but hey that’s why we come here to learn and have fun!

Congratulations, Alnus! Are yours the 2 with visors down? Or the one tilted back nearest the Explorer? Kindred spirits they are to play in the same band!

As for me, no open-mic this week, weather still not cooperating (rainy, flurries, cold) this past week. But did something not typically in character for me today. Brought some home-baked cream-centered muffins to a couple folks who'd gone above and beyond with their kindness in recent weeks. When others were having a bad day, these folks shone brightly. Thought it wise to give them a big thanks since they likely don't hear it often enough.

Congratulations, Alnus! Are yours the 2 with visors down? Or the one tilted back nearest the Explorer? Kindred spirits they are to play in the same band!

As for me, no open-mic this week, weather still not cooperating (rainy, flurries, cold) this past week. But did something not typically in character for me today. Brought some home-baked cream-centered muffins to a couple folks who'd gone above and beyond with their kindness in recent weeks. When others were having a bad day, these folks shone brightly. Thought it wise to give them a big thanks since they likely don't hear it often enough.

Right to left - my daughter, my wife, my son and myself on trumpet.

A proud night for me, to share the stage with my family.

You’re right Bob, little acts of kindness so often go unnoticed or appreciated.

It’s nice to be nice. I treat others how I would like to be treated in return.

Right to left - my daughter, my wife, my son and myself on trumpet.

A proud night for me, to share the stage with my family.

You’re right Bob, little acts of kindness so often go unnoticed or appreciated.

It’s nice to be nice. I treat others how I would like to be treated in return.

My Dad was right. Sometimes it is possible to "kill people with kindness." (I know this as an alternate phrase, but it works just the same).

And how quick we might be to just say, "j/k," when there is so much more to this from a musicologist's viewpoint.

As for me, listening to "Midnight Special" just now. Not sure what happened today, but the stars aligned and things made sense again.

What song was playing when the photo was taken, if perhaps you recall? (Handsome bunch you've got there. :) )

My Dad was right. Sometimes it is possible to "kill people with kindness." (I know this as an alternate phrase, but it works just the same).

And how quick we might be to just say, "j/k," when there is so much more to this from a musicologist's viewpoint.

As for me, listening to "Midnight Special" just now. Not sure what happened today, but the stars aligned and things made sense again.

What song was playing when the photo was taken, if perhaps you recall? (Handsome bunch you've got there. :) )

Apologies Bob, I never answered your question.

We were playing “Everybody Needs Somebody to Love” - Blues Brothers.

It was the opening number, we decided to start big and keep the crowd up and dancing.

Apologies Bob, I never answered your question.

We were playing “Everybody Needs Somebody to Love” - Blues Brothers.

It was the opening number, we decided to start big and keep the crowd up and dancing.

Neat. The song that got folks up and dancing at our Thursday's Jams was an old James Brown tune..."Get Up/Like a Sex Machine."

For some reason, that was the tune shortly after 10PM that the host would launch into, and the crowd would get up on their feet...

Will need to check the BB tune myself and see if it can be added to my Music playlists...thanks for the suggestion, Reub (may I call you by your given name, as others have?)

Glad to be of help and get of course

Reub,

Here's a couple pics of our local apartments (not mine, though, the neighbors) and the walkway through the facility...added some light, color, definition, noise reduction, and vignette...lovely weather outdoors today, 72°F (22°C), partly cloudy, folks were relishing the early spring weather....good day to take in the outdoors with some fresh air and sunshine...

ortr4vM.jpg
OpJ8QkL.jpg

Back