None More Black

My 2006 custom 24 and both my fender reissue strats are all black. We're surely a minority as most people would pick any trans/burst color over black, to see your affinity for black PRS is really astounding. Thanks for sharing your collection!

Awesome! There is another black PRS that would be interesting to add to your collection if you can find it.....Sam Ash did a limited run of all hog CE22's in 1994...three way switching...McCarty PUP's....I believe these particular pickups may have been wound by Fralin...still to this day one of the most monstrous sounding PRS I've played.

Absolutely Fantastic collection!

figured I would help ignite another bout of GAS!:wink:

Oh, you're killing me! The only models I might be tempted by now is a black Archtop with moons or a black SC-58. Thanks for your good words. Took a long time to get here.

My 2006 custom 24 and both my fender reissue strats are all black. We're surely a minority as most people would pick any trans/burst color over black, to see your affinity for black PRS is really astounding. Thanks for sharing your collection!

Thanks for your nice comment. I've got an ME 1, but they didn't make them in black. And they only came with birds. :-(

That's awesome man! I need to give my black McStandard some love. She's been locked away for some time now.

Love the black.....my blackened DGT/Bare Knuckle Miracle Man black covered pups.

image_zpsb905d003.jpg

Last edited:
I've been blown away by every model of BK that I've tried. The best way I can describe the sound of these is halfway between active EMG's and the pups in my Les Paul Custom. Super fat bottom end, nice midrange punch, effortless harmonics and when you dial back the volume and/or gain you get great clarity and tone. Think Zakk Wylde in his Pride and Glory days.

Edit:
The black covers were an option, if you check out their website you can get almost anything you want. I've purchased mine from The Music Zoo on the east coast and Chris Campbell from Rockbox on the west.

Last edited:
I can see myself in...BOTH sides...

Mad props (do the youngins still say that) that's a heckuva theme, and some really cool guitars.

Very nice collection, I remember when you had maybe half those on BaM. That McProtoTrem is amazing looking, I bet its a beast!
That ME you mentioned is slate right? Maybe you could PTC it for a refin and a fretboard replacement :laugh:

Back