Non-PRS instrument discussions??

After reading this I feel guilty for posting about a guitar I won that is from another brand.Should I delete that post or leave it?

I've always been a Prs fan, since 86 I believe lol....after you posted your SE 24 , I'm like oh crap this is going to get expensive lol...

I post here for Prs and there for Gibson ....keep it separate from each other . Don't want the girls to fight you know lol
Yeah, the only reason I started to post my PRS content over in the General section there was because many were posting up their NGDs which included Telecasters, Stratocasters, etc.
PRS accounts for about 1/3 of my guitars, and 0% of my amps (must fix that, even with an SE20 combo). And no effects. Because PRS doesn't make any pedal or outboard signal processor. So while there is no need to discuss other guitar and amp manufacturers, I believe I've uncovered a critical gap here.

:eek:

DEAR PRS STAFF, PLEASE CREATE EFFECTS DEVICE. YOU KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW. THX, FURTIVE
or else I will request a dedicated DOD pedal sub-forum.
No, no PRS effects, then we cannot post up all of the other cool effects that are already flooding the market if they started to sell them.
PRS makes great guitars and amps, it should be just that.

At first blush....I figured it wouldn't be a big deal talking about other brands on this forum.
For example...I've been GASing for a Gretsch, but I like reading this forum. I thought perhaps I could get advice about Gretsch, or even, what PRS would be closest to a Gretsch, etc....

But really....the Internet is a big place and there's dozens of spots I can read up on Gretsch.

I don't think anyone here has a problem if you mention you play this or that, along with your PRS...but in the end, it's a PRS Forum.

So, I would say "PRS only, please ;)"

T.

Nothing wrong with posting the question, "Which PRS sounds closest to a (insert guitar brand here)". Nor is asking which PRS amp is closet to a (insert amp brand here).

But, we politely ask that y'all don't start threads like, "Hey check out my new Telecaster, Strat, Mesa Boogie, etc..."

"My PRS CU-12/12 sounds killer thru my Vox AC-15" is fine.

"My Vox AC-15 is the best amp in the world, blowing away any PRS amp I've tried", is not...

Pretty simple, really...

Nothing wrong with posting the question, "Which PRS sounds closest to a (insert guitar brand here)". Nor is asking which PRS amp is closet to a (insert amp brand here).

But, we politely ask that y'all don't start threads like, "Hey check out my new Telecaster, Strat, Mesa Boogie, etc..."

"My PRS CU-12/12 sounds killer thru my Vox AC-15" is fine.

"My Vox AC-15 is the best amp in the world, blowing away any PRS amp I've tried", is not...

Pretty simple, really...

My Vox board moderator Jamie is so much hotter than my PRS forum moderator Jamie... :rolleyes:

I'll add that PRS understands and welcomes comparisons and constructive criticism. Just yesterday Paul told a tent full of people that he has always actively studied other makers' guitars. Honest, non-hyperbolic comparisons and criticisms are welcome because PRS is always looking to improve.

There is also no need to avoid actually using the names of other makers. Go ahead and write 'Fender' and 'Gibson' instead if 'F' and 'G'. They aren't PRS, but they aren't banned words either.

Most of us own guitars and amps that aren't PRSs. It's OK. This just isn't the place to dedicate threads to them.

Yeah, but does that moderator show up with a big assed bottle f Makers Mark?

I think not...

Hot and big-assed are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Of course, there are degrees of hot, and opinions on big-assedness.

Yeah, but does that moderator show up with a big assed bottle f Makers Mark?

I think not...
Here's my take....I'll take the mod that shows up with the big a$$ bottle of Makers because that make all big a$$es look wonderful!

^^^^ I think we're onto something here...

1070090_zpsm6bufd70.gif

Back