Non-locking tuner upgrades for SE 24?

Thomas Placzek

Greetings,

Im locking to upgrade my tuners on my 2018 SE Custom 24 trampas green. I prefer non-locking tuners. Id like to stick to the Chrome or a nickel color. Direct fits (I'm not locking to drill holes in it) and model numbers would be appreciated. Something of quality that do their job but affordable. Grovers, Gotoh, schaller, ect. Thank you

Tom

Last edited:
Greetings,

Im locking to upgrade my tuners on my 2018 SE Custom 24 trampas green. I prefer non-locking tuners. Id like to stick to the Chrome or a nickel color. Direct fits (I'm not locking to drill holes in it) and model numbers would be appreciated. Something of quality that do their job but affordable. Grovers, Gotoh, schaller, ect. Thank you

Tom
Is it having tuning issues? If so have you addressed the nut? I find the SE tuners are fine, but I prefer locking so I have Grover 406c on some of mine.

Is it having tuning issues? If so have you addressed the nut? I find the SE tuners are fine, but I prefer locking so I have Grover 406c on some of mine.

Thank you for your response.
Did the nut already. My uncle long time retired guitar tech, & friend who's lutheran at local shop said the new nut is prefect but tuners they would swap out. There are just some cheap tuners with prs logo on them. Id prefer some quality grover schaller gotoh or even hipshot but id prefer to not go with locking tuners my personal preference.. The stock ones arent the worse ive ever had but not to great imo..

Ive tried Tusq nuts in the past and always prefer bone. My uncle has been working bone for yrs and always does a amazing job. Maybe its just me being picky and wanting to upgrade. I grab this 2018 se custom barely ever touched for $350 because someone needed bill money. He was asking $550 because he bought it new last yr for $799 but he was desperate. So at the price i got it don't mind upgrading a few things..

Yes, I realize you said you prefer non-locking... but I have to say that I'm really fond of the PRS SE Locking Tuners ($95.) They're a direct replacement, and give the instrument a slightly more "American-made" look. The lampshade knobs are available as well, to help complete the look.

Just for my own edification, any reason why you your preference is for non locking tuner upgrades? Asking because I’m thinking of doing some upgrades to my SE SC and extra info would help in my upgrade path!

Back