Non edge scraped binding

Gitarzanman

I have recently purchased 2 mid 90s custom 22s, both of which have no scraped binding. Having owned more than 20 PRSs in the past these are the first of these that' i have seen ( both were purchased online without the benefit of actually seeing the entire guitar) I love these guitars but found it interesting that the colors continue around to the sides of the guitar. Anybody out there have any insight on this?
THANX!

I have recently purchased 2 mid 90s custom 22s, both of which have no scraped binding. Having owned more than 20 PRSs in the past these are the first of these that' i have seen ( both were purchased online without the benefit of actually seeing the entire guitar) I love these guitars but found it interesting that the colors continue around to the sides of the guitar. Anybody out there have any insight on this?
THANX!

Some colors call for a wraparound finish without binding as per PRSi standards. Royal blue being one of them. What colors do you have?

Thanks for the info! I have a Royal Blue '96 and a '95 that is Amber( I think that is the color,it's the one in my profile pic)

I think violin amber is the color( no factory paperwork with this one) but,not a burst

I like the wraparound finishes best. Here's my Black Gold Artist V:

DSC_0448.jpg

They're growing on me.....especially the violin amber! As always they sound like a PRS!Nuff Said

In `99 I ordered a Custom 24 and my first choice of finish was violin amber but when I found out it didn't have natural binding I was bummed because I like the way the binding accents the top. I ended up getting just the amber finish instead.

Thanks, guys! I love that guitar! Sounds amazing, plays like a dream, looks great.

Just a wonderful thing all the way around.

Where do the Artist V pickups figure in sonically? Similar to any of the 5X/XX series or a whole other animal?

Where do the Artist V pickups figure in sonically? Similar to any of the 5X/XX series or a whole other animal?

I've got to give a couple of disclaimers- the guitars I've had with 57/08s were a CU22 SH Ltd, and a Stripped 58. Both were very different sounding designs in and of themselves, with RW fingerboards. The 53/10 guitar I have is an SC58 with an ebony board. And the Artist V is also equipped with ebony. So...that's all going to affect the tones. I haven't had one with 59/09s.

Anyway, with the Artist V, the pickups are very clear and bright, with a vintage vibe like the 5X series. The bridge is brighter than the 57/08 - on this guitar - and the neck pickup is also. Both pickups are brighter than the 53/10s in the SC58, as one would expect. The split coil sounds are amazing; the bridge sounds very stratty, and the neck very tele, more so than with any other PRS pickup I've used, including the Mira that splits well.

I think having played a couple that the 59/09 is hotter, but it's hard to say with the differences between the guitars.

Back