Non-Adjustable Stoptail Intonation

Dave H

I own a Modern Eagle and a 408. Anybody check to see how close the intonation is with the non-adjustable stoptail. Does it make any sense to replace them with the PRS adjustable one or is the intonation close enough?

On my Studio I love the bridge and I set up my guitars with a strobe tuner.
It comes pretty close and I don't think you can actually hear it better.

I have and have had several of the PRS stop tail bridges and have never had any issues with intonation my MEII was spot on :)

I put the adjustable on my core Mira post purchase just because I'm prone to change string gauges from time to time.
I flip flop between 10's and 9's a lot, particularly on certain guitars. My #1 and #2 guitars I play 10's 99% of the time. Some of the others get the flip flop... and sometimes they get the hybrid gauges and the occasional set of 11's.

On my S2 Mira, its dead on with 9.5s, on my SE Standard 22 im having some trouble getting it right, might need to have another eye and ear look at it though...

The only issue I ever had was going to a set of 8's on a guitar. I went with a MannMade2300 on that one.

Totally agree, the bridge was designed for 9-12 gages. If you go lower or higher in string gages, best to go with a different bridge.

Never experienced an intonation problem with a PRS stoptail bridge with 9 or 10 gauge strings. I use a strobe tuner to set up my guitars. While the adjustable bridge gets me a few cents closer to "perfect", I can never hear a difference intonation wise between the two types of PRS bridges.

Back