Nomenclature

Not sure about "VJ", but the color is Violet Blue Burst. Great looking guitar, too.

I had a Santana in a similar finish from a couple of years ago. At that time it was called "Bruise Burst".

This is an outside shot of what it looked like.

iFCCg4M.jpg

whoa whoa whoa!!! Dual NFs?!?! So cool

Well, back to PRS guitars...:oops: I thought it’d been delivered first thing when a heavy, guitar-sized box arrived. I opened it after waiting the prerequisite 17.5 minutes to allow the ‘bad ju-ju’ to dissipate...it was a PRS Floating stand!:( It’s a lovely, substantial and well-made stand, I have to say. I’d post photos but everything is conspiring to prevent me doing so!

The irony is, I have this little foible where I won’t open the box for a couple of days. I don’t know why, but I just can’t. I don’t wear new clothes for weeks, I NEVER kiss on a first date etc and rarely unbox things immediately

That's a beauty for sure! Congrats and welcome! Not sure if the "J" is Thomann's internal code, or something that needs translation. That color is violet blue burst, as Bodia stated earlier (and I like "Bruiseburst" better as a name).

Thank you all. The huge pickup output is surprising and it drives my amp into a beautifully compressed overdrive and musical distortion that hand me banging out ‘Hot for Teacher’, ‘Panama’, Enter Sandman’ and a few Yngwie riffs...great fun! Rolling back the volume gives a nice crunch which is hollowed out by selecting the single coils with the mini-toggle switches. I haven’t had the pleasure of a good clean tubes sound since the 5150 is virtually impossible to clean up. I’ll have to retrieve my Ibanez amp from my brother to try that, but, hey....real men don’t play clean!

But the best thing is...it flippin’ PURPLE!

Thank you all. The huge pickup output is surprising and it drives my amp into a beautifully compressed overdrive and musical distortion that hand me banging out ‘Hot for Teacher’, ‘Panama’, Enter Sandman’ and a few Yngwie riffs...great fun! Rolling back the volume gives a nice crunch which is hollowed out by selecting the single coils with the mini-toggle switches. I haven’t had the pleasure of a good clean tubes sound since the 5150 is virtually impossible to clean up. I’ll have to retrieve my Ibanez amp from my brother to try that, but, hey....real men don’t play clean!

But the best thing is...it flippin’ PURPLE!

Make it rain ☔☔

Back