Nomenclature

Gyakuto

Hello everyone. I’m really happy to amongst you all.

I’ve just bought my first PRS, namely a Custom 24 35th Anniversary VJ in violet blue burst. But what does the ‘VJ’ stand for? I was thinking about buying an Emerald ‘EU’, I saw an attractive grey ‘GB’ so have surmised the first letter denotes the colour, but what about the ‘J’?

I can’t post a screen shot yet (second post) but I bought it from www.Thomann.de and it’s winging its way to me in the U.K. via UPD

I think it’s just an internal PRS code for what they call a MODCAT (gives you the specs of the guitar). There’s a decoder in this forum in the stickies.

Ii bet it’s ‘faeces brown’ when it arrives...that’s usually my luck!

Victorious Jamaicans?
Just email them.
PRS themselves? Are they likely to respond? What if it isn’t ‘Violet Jedi’ and something really banal like the designation of the place in the warehouse where it was stored? I’d be crushed!

PRS themselves? Are they likely to respond? What if it isn’t ‘Violet Jedi’ and something really banal like the designation of the place in the warehouse where it was stored? I’d be crushed!

PRS customer service is great. I’ve reached out many times and they are always great and responsive. At least my experience.

I have to admit I’m a bit worried what the colour will be like ‘in the flesh’, as it were.

Back