no words

jxe

babe en der wood
wings.jpg

Starting the relic'ing process? Adding just the right amount of scuffs and dings. excellent work. it will be a true collectible.

a near miss. the relicing is because i thrust it into the ceiling of a low-hanging stage, like pete townshend only totally stupid and lame.

Never owned winged tuners. Is stringing them correctly really difficult?
Do you have to calculate the number of turns from slack to standard tuning or something?

i had to remove and replace the g after it had been cut to length, stabbed my fingertips trying to get the collar to grab again, and here we are.

so pleased the shared screw d and g wings didn’t hit and seize up like a rusted clutch.

The war on Christmas is real.
I just saw this and was going to beg the OP to take it down before you saw this. Deep breaths..... slow, deep breaths. ooooohhhhhmmmmm Meeeeellllllooooooowwwww

And, if this is really you jxe, use a string winder, put a folded piece of paper under the trem that holds it up from vertical, pull the strings tight through the hole and start winding. Using this method, it's easy once you get the hang of it. All learned while doing. Winder lets you wind faster which makes the thing grab on. Bridge raised gives you less string bridge to tuner, so when you tune to pitch and stretch, you aren't wrapped all the way around.

Edit: That said, I'd still probably trade Sergio the set off my 97C22 for a set of the new ones. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
the biggest thing is, prop that bridge UP high with something under it. That allows you to pull the string tight through the hole and when you spin the tuner it grabs and when you remove the paper blocking the trem up you have less wrap on the tuner.

His trem is broken though, it doesn’t even have a bar in it.

the biggest thing is, prop that bridge UP high with something under it. That allows you to pull the string tight through the hole and when you spin the tuner it grabs and when you remove the paper blocking the trem up you have less wrap on the tuner.

Pay attention! Stop tail!

Back