No Soapbars. Hmmm...

My P90 McCarty Korina is my best guitar. Love it.

All PRS core versions with P90s coming up for sale go very fast in holland, actually fastest of all PRSi I see for sale here... Must be something right about it.

Anyone ever play a Rosewood neck McSoapy ? I came across this one and it looks pretty sweet, there's a gold top /roswewood neck but it's 800 more and I like red
tvhcwahdlb2k5ue5dpq7.jpg
schi37pz8biwebfmmgbk.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone ever play a Rosewood neck McSoapy ? I came across this one and it looks pretty sweet, there's a gold top /roswewood neck but it's 800 more and I like red
tvhcwahdlb2k5ue5dpq7.jpg
schi37pz8biwebfmmgbk.jpg
I had one. It was a terrific guitar. As previously mentioned, it was the NAMM guitar with an Artist package, in 2006.

The pickups are brighter than on the 2017-18 594 Soapbar run, they're less vintage sounding. I liked that, and it was a fantastic match for my Two-Rocks, but I probably would change the pickups for more vintage ones at this point, given my current needs.

The pickups in the 594 Soapbar Limited run are something special. I had a Mira Soapbar, and a friend had one of the other core models with P90s, and both sounded good, but the 594 Soapy is clearly another level for me. From what I know, they were SD Antiquity pickups specially built to get the height where they wanted. Whatever it is, it’s exactly the sound I think of when I think “P90” and it would be the first pickup I’d buy if I were putting a P90 into any other guitar.

Of course, it doesn’t hurt that the guitar itself is a beast of an instrument, too.

I love me some soapbars. The 408 pickup is PRS's own take on that sound, even though it has two coils. I bet they don't see a reason to have too much overlap there, although I could be wrong.

There's some really cool history to what PRS has done with P90s, namely the 1982 Sorcerer's Apprentice guitar. Its dual P90 humbucking bridge pickup is the great grandfather of the wide 408 design.

Last edited:
I love me some soapbars. The 408 pickup is PRS's own take on that sound, even though it has two coils. I bet they don't see a reason to have too much overlap there, although I could be wrong.

There's some really cool history to what PRS has done with P90s, namely the 1982 Sorcerer's Apprentice guitar. It's dual P90 humbucking bridge pickup is the great grandfather of the wide 408 design.

just noticed your sig line, holy moly!

There's some really cool history to what PRS has done with P90s, namely the 1982 Sorcerer's Apprentice guitar. It's dual P90 humbucking bridge pickup is the great grandfather of the wide 408 design.

That thing screams!

Back