No Soapbars. Hmmm...

We're left searching for already made and sold models. I looked for 2 years and finally replaced my 22 Soapy. It was worth the wait!
FLzAo3m.jpg
YEOW!!! Triple the fun!! Paging @dogrocketp to the white courtesy phone.

IKR? We should nickname that one "Petticoat Junction!" That was some triple fun!

(Yes, it went off when I was 10 years old. But by then I knew what a babe was, and that there were 3 on that show!)
Two is still fine with me. Because…Ginger and MaryAnne. I credit Ginger as my O.G. Redhead crush!

They’ve used a couple different models of soapbars. The first run of triple soapies had SD ceramic magnet high outputs, the second run had vintage voiced SD’s. I prefer the second. The first run was scorching for solos, but I didn’t like the rhythms sounds. The second run…..do I have to tell you? I play a lot of rhythm in the blues band, I’m known for that. And when I solo….the bridge sez “Mississippi King!”

They’ve used a couple different models of soapbars. The first run of triple soapies had SD ceramic magnet high outputs, the second run had vintage voiced SD’s. I prefer the second. The first run was scorching for solos, but I didn’t like the rhythms sounds. The second run…..do I have to tell you? I play a lot of rhythm in the blues band, I’m known for that. And when I solo….the bridge sez “Mississippi King!”
YES!!!
The Cu 22 Soapbar! I knew I forgot something! Duh!

YES!!!
The Cu 22 Soapbar! I knew I forgot something! Duh!
Very special guitars.

But ya know, here's the thing: Soapies don't sell in mass quantities for some reason. Players often don't get what all the fuss is about. Humbuckers have less noise, many of them have a little more high frequency shimmer, etc.

A Soapy is considered more of a specialty item. I don't understand why, because good ones have a very special voice, but there it is. I suppose there's just a lot of conformity, and I'm not claiming to be immune from that!

Back