No S2 Birds, say it ain’t so Paul…

bstaggs

Did PRS drop the bird inlay option on S2 Vela and Mira? Nooooooooooo…… I guess it's not a total loss, I do have 3 with birds (Mira, Vela and SC semi-hollow) but was planning on adding another Mira and Vela to modify. :-(

--
bstaggs

As a Core Line only guy I like that there is a difference as you move up the line. Maybe the way to do it is to not eliminate the birds from lower models just have better ones as you move up???

In fairness the birds on the S2 are not the same as the core line. They are defiantly less flashy to my eyes. I do own a couple of core models but I personally dislike the violin scoop on the top edge as it cuts into my forearm. Otherwise I would love to see a core Mira & Vela as options. Personally I like options.

As a Core Line only guy I like that there is a difference as you move up the line. Maybe the way to do it is to not eliminate the birds from lower models just have better ones as you move up???

I feel like there are enough differences besides the birds to delineate the two lines from each other, but the S2 birds material choice is kind of a head-scratcher for me. All the SE's have those acrylic birds that look pretty nice IMO and then now the Standard S2's get Mother-of-Countertop dots?

Seems like a step backwards.

I've noticed the price has dropped since I bought my S2 semi hollow Mira with birds in December 2014. I paid almost $1400 at Sweetwater.

Looks like they dropped to $1,200 now. I guess they had to cut a few features. It's a shame about the birds. That's what makes a PRS stand out on stage.

Sweetwater still has a few old stock S2 Mira's with birds. But the new ones have dots and are a couple hundred $ cheaper.

I feel like there are enough differences besides the birds to delineate the two lines from each other, but the S2 birds material choice is kind of a head-scratcher for me. All the SE's have those acrylic birds that look pretty nice IMO and then now the Standard S2's get Mother-of-Countertop dots?

Seems like a step backwards.

I thought the same when I got my first S2 after owning only SEs.

Birds are an instant connection to PRS for me also. I have to date, only owned PRS's with birds. I once considered buying a DC3 with moons and my wife said "where are the birds?" To her PRS = birds. Again I like options and for me PRS should have birds but now it would appear we have lost that on some S2's. :(

Reactions: CVS
Back