No NGD, but I was tempted.

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Rare custom sighting at a GC of all places. It wasn't a return or consignment, seemed brand spanking new from the factory. If it didn't have gold hardware and a trem I might have gotten in over my head financially ;) , sounded great though, and good to see something unique on the shelves.

*forgive the pic quality, it was prettier in person.

5h9s4cB.jpg

T37pFfh.jpg

Seems like you did better than many of us would...

The trem on the Special is incredible. I could live without the gold, but still...

I'm not sure I would have let it go.

Rare custom sighting at a GC of all places. It wasn't a return or consignment, seemed brand spanking new from the factory. If it didn't have gold hardware and a trem I might have gotten in over my head financially ;) , sounded great though, and good to see something unique on the shelves.

That's a nice looking guitar. Is the middle p/u a single coil? What was it going for? :)

Last edited:
That's a nice looking guitar. Is the middle p/u a single coil? What was it going for? :)
The middle pick up is a Narrowfield. Custom 22 Special Semi-Hollow Limited. They were introduced in 2018 at Experience. The Limited portion was limited to the order window, not a set number of pieces. I think it was from June to August, but may be wrong about that. They are typical Core prices. They go higher for Wood Library runs, which there were several of. Fantastic guitar model, for sure.

snfFJ75.jpg

The gold hardware is probably the only thing that could make me like my Special Semi more! Great looking guitar....

What was it going for? :)

Over 4k, maybe over 5k, can't truly recall,................ .......... I averted my eyes to the cold reality of things while I aped a bad version of "Freeway Jam".

Back