No more MR purple! Pomegranite PS problems solved!

By the way, I hope he resurrects the semi-hollows or whatever it is you're talking about, too, because they are awesome.

I totally agree.

Those semi-hollow-with-vibrato CU22s, the one that my younger brother has? Great, great guitar. (although Jon hardly uses that one at all -- if I'd known how little he was going to play it, I would have bought the damn thing myself! That's way too good a guitar to sit on a rack 95% of the time)

But I would love to hear a similar guitar like Tag's with a thicker body. I think that would be right up my alley.

Of course it would have to fight with my singlecut HB spruce PS for play time. Man, that thing just keeps astounding me.

Tag, first off, let me say how happy I am for you. Going down to Stevensville was absolutely the right thing to do, and I'm glad to hear how well it worked out for you.

BTW it's "pomegranAte." ;) (I had a Klein Electric for years that was finished in "pomegranate burst")

Paul Miles is The Man, as far as I'm concerned. The Private Stock program got a huge boost when he took over. With all due respect to Mr. Knaggs. And Tina is another great person, perfect for the gig. The bass player analogy is right on.

This is SO true, and totally agrees with my own experience of Paul, whom I've known for over 20 years. I wish I could get over how tweaked I am every time some idjit on That Other Forum carries on about how PRSh is just in it to sell pretty guitars that have no soul. But I can't. It just pisses me off. There is nobody in the industry who works harder to keep improving every product that goes out the door. And, as anyone who has sat in a room with Paul playing and listening to guitars can attest, TONE is ALWAYS at the forefront of his mind. I love watching him get revved up about a guitar. And how cool when it's YOUR GUITAR. :)

Good story, man. You made my night.​

Thanks Kingsley, and that was the high point for me of the entire time. He was just like you or I or anyone on here picking up ANY guitar that sounds good and is inspiring. You just want to keep playing. I thought I was going to have to say...alright Paul, remember, thats MY guitar, not yours, you can put it down now. LOL! GREAT to see him in that state of mind!!! Playing and tapping..putting his ear next to the body as he tapped....."You hear that?? That sounds GREAT! Listen to that... pluck pluck pluck.... its ringing...listen to that!!!" He did not seem moved at all by my blue one, that I thought sounded even better! (As i stated, they both sound GREAT) Its all personal man. Amps can be objective to me in some ways, as you well know. :tongue: But not guitars. For many years my 1976 BC Rich Mockingbird sounded like the best guitar on the face of the earth to me. Nothing sounded as good, and I tried everything. Ironically, it was a very early PRS that finally turned my ear from that, and 35 years and lots of guitars later, I am still a PRS guy first and foremost. We talked about what and why I like this particular model so much, and I was finally able to ask him why he made the semi hollows thicker way back then. He said, "Simple. Because I wanted them to sound more hollow". HA! (Which is exacly why I like them so much!) I was so worried it was going to go badly. It was the opposite. It was like sitting in your living room talking to friends. I have not been that frustrated or angry in a long, long time. I had to be to make that trip again. It ended up that I have even more respect for PRS than I did before. I have been playing my blue one all night. For me, the tone is off the charts. That 25" scale adds JUST the right amount of tightness to the bottom, and clarity to the top end. Mahogany, maple, ebony and a 25" scale length. For my playing, thats about as good as it gets for electric guitars. :)

I totally agree.

Those semi-hollow-with-vibrato CU22s, the one that my younger brother has? Great, great guitar. (although Jon hardly uses that one at all -- if I'd known how little he was going to play it, I would have bought the damn thing myself! That's way too good a guitar to sit on a rack 95% of the time)

But I would love to hear a similar guitar like Tag's with a thicker body. I think that would be right up my alley.

Of course it would have to fight with my singlecut HB spruce PS for play time. Man, that thing just keeps astounding me.

You would love it. Those CU 22s SH LTDS are my favorite production PRSs next to the Artist 3 SHs. Take those LTDs, add a thicker body and nitro, and you have my guitars. The different woods just change it up enough to give you some variety, but the basic tone is always there. My blue one is SICK. With or without overdrive. Clean it sounds as hollow as a G 330 but bigger. Kick on the drive and its more like a killer 335, but with more clarity, and no flub or congestion in the bottom. My buddy has a killer original 58 335, and the very first 355 ever made! I like these PRS even more, and that 355 is SOMETHING. These PRS are amazing guitars.

One of these rests at the top of my need list.

Hey Sergio.

I have probably posted this before, and the quality is bad, but I think you can hear the semi hollow tone pretty easily, especially when I play the higher notes. Its very round, with no point or hardness on the notes, and has a killer (or bangin :)) midrange howl I just do not get with a solid body. I wish I could make higher quality clips, but its just not something i am good at.
This is straight into my Quinn Dumble clone, with only a trex roomate reverb in the loop for a little verb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soundin' nice Tag!

How does it clean up for rhythm work? You got coil splits on those?

Yes. 57/08s with McCarty switching. If you are familiar with the way they clean up and sound split, its pretty much the same. The hollow/trem construction just rounds, fattens, and mellows everything, and of course that super cool mid howl that only chambered or semi hollow guitars get! :rock:

Congrats, Tag! I too have been very pleased with PRS and Paul himself. I bought a guitar from a fairly recent, but very well-known dealer. After only a couple months, the finish bubbled around one of the strap buttons. I contacted the dealer who did absolutely NOTHING to help me. Luckily, I got to meet Paul just a couple weeks later at the local GC. I brought along a couple guitars to show/ get signed, as well as the guitar with the finish issue. I explained that my dealer said it wasn't covered by the warranty, but asked if the bubbled finish might somehow compromise the protection of the guitar? If so, how much would he estimate the PTC would charge to repair the finish? He gave me a gent's name, and told me to tell him Paul said to fix it. Paul paid for shipping both ways and touched up the finish damage free of charge. It looks perfect, and I can't see the repair under black light. Lastly, do I think Gibson or Fender would take care of me like that? Not a chance.

Back