No more 53/10's?

I am thinking of a nice single cut, and if I may, I know of 2 more sets still available. They are at a prs registered dealer but I am not clear if I can let the forum members know.

I'm glad I have a set in my JA-15, but I should have snagged an additional set just to have. Oh well, hindsight...

You could always send your JA-15 into the PTC to have the 53/10s replaced with 53/10s... :wave:

I am thinking of a nice single cut, and if I may, I know of 2 more sets still available. They are at a prs registered dealer but I am not clear if I can let the forum members know.

I'm not sure about that one either, we can't talk prices (retail or street) but I've seen links to eBay auctions get posted without drama. I will keep saying, there's several sets on US eBay right now still, and if I were you guys, I'd be hitting "Buy It Now" quicker than you can say "Buy It Now"...

They are really great in a Singlecut. Good choice.

Then I will say this. I purchased mine from Eric at Willcutts. By the way they are great to deal with. As of Monday he still had two sets left.

I have purchased 3 guitars since oct. 2012. A custom 24 with 59/09's, a stripped 58 with 57/08's, and a private stock custom 24 with 408's. My guitar budget is blown. It may take a while before I can purchase another but I did not want to miss out on those 53/10's. I am hoping to purchase an sc245 with a rosewood neck and have the 53/10's installed. I have never played a guitar with a rosewood neck or 53/10's but I hear great things about both.

I have purchased 3 guitars since oct. 2012. A custom 24 with 59/09's, a stripped 58 with 57/08's, and a private stock custom 24 with 408's. My guitar budget is blown. It may take a while before I can purchase another but I did not want to miss out on those 53/10's. I am hoping to purchase an sc245 with a rosewood neck and have the 53/10's installed. I have never played a guitar with a rosewood neck or 53/10's but I hear great things about both.
This post is useless without pics! Start a new thread mate!

SC RW + 53/10s would be awesome, do it! Warmth city!

I'm guessing the 53/10's with a rosewood neck will be all kinds of awesome

I will post pics tomorrow night under the thread of ngd x 3. Hope you guys check it out. Oh ya any hints on how to post pics as this is why I have not shared visual evidence of my above post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Incoming: 2012 PRS Modern Eagle Quatro w/ 53/10

PRS_ME_Q-3_zps47370a8e.jpg

PRS_ME_Q-4_zpsbf92ba62.jpg

Last edited:
That guitar sounded nice in that vid. I haven't been paying attention to the modern eagles. The quatros look like beautiful tone machines. Someone should try the 53/10 s in a ME 1.

Back