No more 53/10's?

LJD

What happend to the 53/10's? I don't see them being offered any more.

If they are truly gone, I am very happy I have 2 guitars with them!!

I heard it was simply an issue of not having enough supply of the wire used to produce them to keep them on the market as an a la carte item....

The 53/10™ pickup is the latest in the series of humbucking pickups that already includes PRS 57/08™ and 59/09’s™ (and the smaller aperture 57/08 Narrowfield®). First debuting as part of a limited run in the summer of 2010, the distinctive 53/10™ is the warmest-sounding of the vintage themed bunch. The 53/10™ coil wire is made on the same machine that supplied legendary guitar makers in the fifties. Wire specifications for the 53/10™ are slightly different than the others and are made using a special process reserved for a single-coil bridge pickup circa 1953; however, the 53/10™ is a humbucking pickup. Smith commented, “There are single-coil guitars from that era that are beautifully big, fat sounding guitars.” With that tone as inspiration, 53/10™ pickups are similar to the original 57/08™ but with a “sweeter” high end.

Like I said - pixie dust

I'd read somewhere that they are replacing the pixie dust with Unicorn Horn Dust so all should be well, in time.

Nope. Too many CITES and Lacey Act problems with powdered Unicorn Horns.

I believe Paul found the original supplier of Pixie Dust and he had a few barrels left. Or... was that the machine that made it. i get confused.

;)

Whatever he uses, these pickups are magical. I have them in a PS and my JA-15. They seem to be able to do anything!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;45803 said:
Nope. Too many CITES and Lacey Act problems with powdered Unicorn Horns.

I believe Paul found the original supplier of Pixie Dust and he had a few barrels left. Or... was that the machine that made it. i get confused.

;)

Oh snap.

There's still some floating around, there's some on US eBay. If I lived in the US I'd be snapping them up before The Pixie Dust price goes through the roof (and causes GFC Mk III)

Back