NNF3D!!!

ViperDoc

Plugged In.
I don't Ebay more than about once a year, but I recently placed a bid on a used 2013 PRS NF3 thinking someone would bid up on it. I was surprised to see a message that I was its new owner. NNF3D incoming, therefore! It's a tricolor smokeburst with maple board. Should sound pretty sexy. Pictures on the way...

Nice! I don't know how I would explain accidentally winning a bid on eBay!

Congrats - Welcome to the PRS NF3 club! I have had one for about a year now. IMHO - It is a very versatile guitar. Can't wait to see pics.

Congrats! I've had mine for a couple of years now. I was hooked as soon as I picked one up to try out. It's a crime that this model was discontinued. Hope yours is a keeper.

nf3_zpss2myzl45.jpg

Right on, the same story is how I ended up with my Mira. Bid the initial price on it, thought I would lose, but nope!

Exactly. I was all after the maple board version, and I dig the Tricolor Burst finish, so I win. Or, won! I've never played the NF pickups but have heard enough good things to warrant the addition. Furthermore, while I love the carved bodies or PRS core guitars, the armcut Strat-ish body feel always nestles in the right place. Can't wait to plug it into the Mesa!

Had to post a pic of mine - Can't wait to see yours Viperdoc
DSCN2614_zpsb9uhxq12.jpg

OOOOOOOO, I'm a little jealous of the red! Nice one. And with BIRDS? Was not aware you could bird up an NF3. Is yours some kind of upgraded version? Looks nice, dude!

OOOOOOOO, I'm a little jealous of the red! Nice one. And with BIRDS? Was not aware you could bird up an NF3. Is yours some kind of upgraded version? Looks nice, dude!

My NF3 is a 2012 model. Not upgraded to the best of my knowledge. I purchased it new from a dealer last June. I did see a number of NF3's with birds when I was looking a year ago.

Just wait to you get yours and actually play it and listen to it.

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

My NF3 is a 2012 model. Not upgraded to the best of my knowledge. I purchased it new from a dealer last June. I did see a number of NF3's with birds when I was looking a year ago.

Just wait to you get yours and actually play it and listen to it.

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Cool. Just got the tracking number....

Got the NF3 in the box yesterday, opened it up and plugged it into the Mark V. It's clear this thing needs a setup and new strings, but the NF pickups are nice sounding. Lots of harmonics easily coaxed out of the bridge pickup. Positions 2 and 4 are less unique than a traditional 3 single coil layout, but still usable. I feel like I'm wearing new underwear. Not sure yet... The NFs are 57/08 cousins, so I A/B'd with my P24 with 57/08s that also has a rosewood neck. Obviously very different tones. The NF's maple neck and board add lots of tingle. Hmmm... Need another session.

You sound uncertain about whether or not your new guitar is a "keeper"???. I have a HB II with 57/08's and tone is quite different from the NF3 but I think that is to be expected. I have to say I don't use position 2 at all on the NF3 but I do use all other positions

Looking forward to additional feedback (and a pic or 2)

Back