NKKD

dmatthews

Dave's not here
New Kemper Kabinet Klone day!
Back on May 20th I contacted a cabinet maker I found on Craigslist and asked if he could clone an existing cabinet of mine. He said yes, and I went the next day to show him the Kabinet. I told him that the look was less important but the construction materials and dimensions were exteremely important in order to create a stereo pair.
Well here we are 2 months and a bunch of Covid related delays later, and today is the day!
Just got back from the 3 hour round trip, and here it is...

Is the handle the same? No, but he let me choose from 5 or 6 that he had today and installed whilst I watched. He opted out of the leather corners as well. At my request he didn't use the Kemper stencil for the grille logo either. I've seen some crappy examples of that.
I'm very impressed with what he did. The tolex job is top notch, and he went as far as to find the brown embedded piping on the top. That stuff had to come from Greece for crying out loud!
The Klone feels maybe a pound or two heavier... I think.

The best part? It sounds awesome, just like the original Kabinet. And I am now in stereo heaven.:D

Cool! Is the speaker FRFR?
It's the Kemper Kone. I bought it at the same time as the Kabinet thinking I'd put it in the XiTone MBritt. I was obviously not thinking at all because I had forgotten that the MBritt uses a crossover amp for bass and tweeter. DOH!
This works out nicely anyway as they are a better stereo pair.

Love it! I really need to order one of these Kabinets. Looking at the TC BAM200 for a power amp.

Back