NIGHTFALL SERIES! BRIAN'S EXCLUSIVE

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
We are extremely proud of and happy with how these came out. I'm going to list them all here as they come in. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Brian's Guitars Exclusive NIGHTFALL series
Nightfall fretboard designed by Paul Miles and the Brian's Guitars team

McCarty 594 Nightfall
Iceberg Fade finish
Curly Maple and Ebony Nightfall fretboard and headstock veneer
Figured Mahogany body
Curly Maple neck
All woods and specs hand-picked by Brian's Guitars
https://briansguitars.com/product/p...tock-mccarty-594-nightfall-brians-exclusive-2

DSC_6735.jpg

DSC_6732.jpg

DSC_6734.jpg

DSC_6753.jpg

DSC_6741.jpg

DSC_6742.jpg

DSC_6743.jpg

DSC_6744.jpg

DSC_6748.jpg

DSC_6750.jpg

DSC_6747.jpg

Amazing! Can’t wait to see the rest of this run.

B-E-A-UTIFUL!! I love how the stars contribute to the overall theme!

I’m intrigued by that beautiful fret board. When I first glanced at it, I thought the stars’ material must be MOP, and then I noticed the curl. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the process of cutting those delicate stars from maple, a relatively soft material, and fitting them in the ebony. :confused:
I like to see that done. That would make an interesting time elapsed video.

Well done Mr. Miles, Brian’s team, and the craftsmen who build it.

Last edited:
I’m intrigued by that beautiful fret board. When I first glanced at it, I thought the stars’ material must be MOP, and then a noticed the curl. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the process of cutting those delicate stars from maple, a relatively soft material, and fitting them in the ebony. :confused:

Agreed. It's nuts!

I’m intrigued by that beautiful fret board. When I first glanced at it, I thought the stars’ material must be MOP, and then a noticed the curl. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the process of cutting those delicate stars from maple, a relatively soft material, and fitting them in the ebony. :confused:

Its all good, the figured Mahogany back, the fret-board that is an enigma, the neck and man-alive that stain job over that beautiful quilt and did I mention the tuner buttons. OK I need to go away now!:oops:

I’m intrigued by that beautiful fret board. When I first glanced at it, I thought the stars’ material must be MOP, and then I noticed the curl. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the process of cutting those delicate stars from maple, a relatively soft material, and fitting them in the ebony. :confused:

Now that you’ve pointed it out, it also appears effort was made to keep the curl in the same direction. Unbelievable.

\m/

I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the process of cutting those delicate stars from maple, a relatively soft material, and fitting them in the ebony.

Here's what I am imagining:

Take a slab of maple, double sided tape it to a piece of MDF (or plywood) as a backer. Use your CNC to route out the shapes, peel the bits off the backer. Same thing for the ebony, but the inverse shapes.

I think the technique was described when they first did the birds of a feather inlay - uses laser cutting on a single piece of maple attached to the bottom fretboard wood choice to carve out all the individual pieces - stunning effect however they do it!

Back