Night time online buying temptation

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
Ok, so am I the only one on here that becomes far more tempted to make online purchases, namely guitars and such related items after the sun has gone down.

I can’t tell you the number of eBay purchases I’ve made from the comfort of my bed!

It’s like there’s an illicit feeling about hitting “buy” at that time of night!

Any other time of day, I have my analytical head on, it rules my heart!

Please tell me I’m not the only one and if I am, please point me point me in the direction of a related “self-help” group, maybe there’s a Guitaraholics Anonymous group out there.

Usually a relatively long stretch of me talking myself into it (thankfully inaudible).
Then there's the "are you sure?" phase.
Then there's the "you know... you've got some fairly similar Schlitz already" phase.
I'm single currently, so the "how the heck am I going to get this past the boss?" issue is a non-starter.
I haven't done an alcohol induced purchase... ... ... yet.

Basically, if I want it, I'll probably find a way to talk myself into it.

I don’t do the late night drinking and buying thing anymore.

I’ve replaced it with only buying stuff when @veinbuster goes on vacation.

The night time is ok. You may not drink then, but I often do. That's not ok. There should be a saying for it.
'Dont drink & buy'
'dont booze & cruise' ...
or something!

Usually a relatively long stretch of me talking myself into it (thankfully inaudible).
Then there's the "are you sure?" phase.
Then there's the "you know... you've got some fairly similar Schlitz already" phase.
I'm single currently, so the "how the heck am I going to get this past the boss?" issue is a non-starter.
I haven't done an alcohol induced purchase... ... ... yet.

Basically, if I want it, I'll probably find a way to talk myself into it.

I did this last night. It worked. I was all poised to purchase an Ernie Ball/Music Man St. Vincent BFR (great guitars, BTW). I had it in the cart and everything. Figured I'd sleep on it and decide today. Woke up this morning and was like, "Meh. Don't need it." I even TRIED to talk myself back into it, and I failed!!

I did this last night. It worked. I was all poised to purchase an Ernie Ball/Music Man St. Vincent BFR (great guitars, BTW). I had it in the cart and everything. Figured I'd sleep on it and decide today. Woke up this morning and was like, "Meh. Don't need it." I even TRIED to talk myself back into it, and I failed!!

Sadly, you appear to be maturing :D

If it’s not the orange one with the leopard pick guard and knobs, you did the right thing.

Back