Nickel parts for US Custom 24 35th Anny

Nodnarb1977

Hello!

Long time reader, first time poster. I’ve got a lovely US made Custom 24 35th Anny with a 10 top. That’s fantastic in and of itself, but I don’t care for the hybrid hardware. I’ve sourced what I can find so far, but the following nickel items elude me.
  • 3 way selector switch ring
  • Mini toggle nut (x2)
  • Tuner mounting screws (x12)
  • Backplate screws (x7)
Are the backplate screws the same as Fender pickguard screws?
Do y’all know how to get ahold of the rest?

Thanks!

For a couple of the things--like the 3-way selector and the mini-toggles--the easiest way is to simply buy some new switches from one of the many parts suppliers (being careful to get the "US" grade parts). They're not terribly expensive if you buy from the right place; and while you might not need the entire switch, at least you have the correct ring, nut, washers, etc.

Another thought is - give it a chance. I have a couple with mixed hw, it has really grown on me.

Its fancier than silver but not as blingy as gold - a nice balance....

I'd drop John Mann an email. I agree. I never thought I'd be in the hybrid or gold camp but something about it on a PRS just works for me. Though, I get the need to want to swap. I'm a serial tweaker myself.

Thanks for the feedback, gents!

Yeah, I can’t leave some things well enough alone. However, I’m always jazzed when I’ve done these kinds of little things to a guitar that matter to no one else but me!

Back