Nicest forum on the net?

I really only find it enjoyable to internet with PRS folks. Everybody else is doing it wrong.
Take a look at the Praise and Woship Band Bassist Club.

(Edited to remove link - Need to post two more before posting any links - Oops)

First time here.

Just got my first PRS on the 3rd.

Loving life.

Last edited:
Of being doctors and lawyers?
I can't have people thinking I'm nice!
Take a look at the Praise and Worship Band Bassist Club.

(Edited to remove link - Need to post two more before posting any links - Oops)

First time here.

Just got my first PRS on the 3rd.

Loving life.
Congrats! Right now, Worship Team at church is the only gig I've got. Would love to get back into a band at some point.

I'll tell you how nice if a place this is... Recently there was a thread started by a "newbie." I don't mean someone who just got their first PRS, I mean someone who just started playing. I didn't even post in the thread because I was convinced it was a troll thread. Why??? Think about it... PRS is a high end brand. Even their lowest cost stuff is not "cheap beginner stuff." It seemed a little weird to me, that of all places, a new guy would come here when he didn't own a PRS, didn't really even ask about buying one, was just asking questions about getting started playing.... Why not go to a music or general gear forum, like The Gear Page? Why come to a specific brand forum, and a high end brand at that? Just didn't make sense.

Yet, multiple members jumped right in to offer advice and help the guy get started. I read posts several times, still convinced it was a troll thread, but impressed at how my boys here didn't hesitate to offer assistance. Checking in later, the more he posted, the more legit the thread seemed, but I still didn't post. There are places where if you go posting in a high end brand forum "I'm new and just getting started and looking for advice" and they know you aren't starting out with that "brand" they won't give you the time of day. You'd be lucky to get a couple courtesy posts suggesting you go to a bigger music forum. I think that says a lot about the guys here. I've been around long enough and seen SO MANY troll threads at TGP that I'm a bit jaded when I see a thread that doesn't make sense. I'm NOT a PRS snob. I own more "other" guitars than I do PRS (but don't play them half as much! LOL) I'd gladly help anyone I could, anytime! It just seemed weird to me. A guy coming in as a new member asking questions about his "other brand" amp, while never even claiming to own a PRS guitar or amp.... seems weird too. Joining here to learn about PRS products when you have none is not hard to fathom, but signing up and asking about your V,F, M etc. amp, and stating you don't have any PRS guitars.... SEEMS a bit suspicious or at least curious to me. But for the most part, I've never seen much backlash and usually guys are very helpful.

So yeah, this place is FAR nicer than most. So much for the "PRS Snobs" huh? ;)

I'll tell you how nice if a place this is... Recently there was a thread started by a "newbie." I don't mean someone who just got their first PRS, I mean someone who just started playing. I didn't even post in the thread because I was convinced it was a troll thread. Why??? Think about it... PRS is a high end brand. Even their lowest cost stuff is not "cheap beginner stuff." It seemed a little weird to me, that of all places, a new guy would come here when he didn't own a PRS, didn't really even ask about buying one, was just asking questions about getting started playing.... Why not go to a music or general gear forum, like The Gear Page? Why come to a specific brand forum, and a high end brand at that? Just didn't make sense.

Yet, multiple members jumped right in to offer advice and help the guy get started. I read posts several times, still convinced it was a troll thread, but impressed at how my boys here didn't hesitate to offer assistance. Checking in later, the more he posted, the more legit the thread seemed, but I still didn't post. There are places where if you go posting in a high end brand forum "I'm new and just getting started and looking for advice" and they know you aren't starting out with that "brand" they won't give you the time of day. You'd be lucky to get a couple courtesy posts suggesting you go to a bigger music forum. I think that says a lot about the guys here. I've been around long enough and seen SO MANY troll threads at TGP that I'm a bit jaded when I see a thread that doesn't make sense. I'm NOT a PRS snob. I own more "other" guitars than I do PRS (but don't play them half as much! LOL) I'd gladly help anyone I could, anytime! It just seemed weird to me. A guy coming in as a new member asking questions about his "other brand" amp, while never even claiming to own a PRS guitar or amp.... seems weird too. Joining here to learn about PRS products when you have none is not hard to fathom, but signing up and asking about your V,F, M etc. amp, and stating you don't have any PRS guitars.... SEEMS a bit suspicious or at least curious to me. But for the most part, I've never seen much backlash and usually guys are very helpful.

So yeah, this place is FAR nicer than most. So much for the "PRS Snobs" huh? ;)
It's so nice to go somewhere positive on the internet!
I'm seeing a real passion for the brand here which is awesome, I think everyday I look online at prs guitars, not to buy but just because they so damn beautiful

I can't have people thinking I'm nice!

Congrats! Right now, Worship Team at church is the only gig I've got. Would love to get back into a band at some point.
In the 70s, I was in a 3 piece band, then a couple of country 5 piece bands. All the time, I was dreaming of being in a band that played Christian music.

I quit playing in the late 80s for about 10 years (had to decide if I wanted to be in a marriage or in a band - the marriage won).

After that down spell, I got involved with a Christian Rock band and later in our church band.

So, I guess I kind went the opposite direction.

image_zps4kt36ehh.jpeg
Thanks! You too!

I bought a PRS SE Santana standard.

I don't know about pics? I just joined about an hour ago.
Nice.

I got a 2017 model SE Custom 24.

Daddy likey.

image_zps1ea3y7e5.jpeg

My pics kinda got out of order.

Both shots are my guitar.

Last edited:
Wow, look at all the new guys!

Just so you guys know, we are not all doctors and lawyers! In fact, Bodia and myself are both recently out of jail, and there's a guy named "Sergio" here who is in and out every other week. Jail, that is. :p

It is strange. In real life I find lawyers to be argumentative and will rarely agree with anything you say. Dentists just like to make a lot of noise. But here PRS guitar owners are really nice.

Wow, look at all the new guys!

Just so you guys know, we are not all doctors and lawyers! In fact, Bodia and myself are both recently out of jail, and there's a guy named "Sergio" here who is in and out every other week. Jail, that is. :p

How about it. I gotta meet with the P.O. this afternoon.

Music is something that brings out the best and worst in all of us.

The beauty is, that it is OUR choice where we go with it.

My first guitar, a '68 Gibson ES 125, was my salvation during one of the darkest times in my life.

It was also involved in some very bad decisions a few years later.

Right now, my basses and my guitar are in service to the Lord.

We are brothers of the strings, and we need to support each other.

Last edited:
Back