Nice interview with Mr Reed Smith

Nice upload! PRSh shooting from the hip as always.

Interesting photos too, especially the KC guitar!:D

Great article!!! I've only been in a Sam Ash once, in Charlotte, NC, IIRC, but it was a great experience, in line with the light Paul sheds on SA in the interview. I was killing time before a wedding, so I went browsing. Ended up A/Bing a Wampler Clarksdale and a Joe Bonamassa FET Driver (or something), and the guy helping me out talked pedals with me and really knew his stuff about the ones I was playing. Went with the Clarksdale with his help. He also wanted to show me a custom Klon clone that they took a small order of from a local builder - in an attempt to keep my field trip pass from my wife in good standing, I declined, but I thought it was very cool and unique that a big chain retailer would take orders on a local boutique product and sell them right in the store. Great for the little guy, and goes right back to how they did it for Paul. Also, knowing how much I like my Tumnus now, I really wish I would've checked out the pedal!

Neat interview, thanks for posting. I was expecting a standard corporate puff piece, but PRSH is so much more interesting (and candid, and unscripted) than that.

I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about the close bonds he formed with the Ash family, and Chuck Levin's family too. Soaking up their business wisdom, and not just assuming that his guitar building skills alone would get him where he wanted to go in the MI industry.

He's been successful, obviously, or we wouldn't all be here on this board. But being called a 'mensch' by those guys may be his real accomplishment in life.

=K

Great article!!! I've only been in a Sam Ash once, in Charlotte, NC, IIRC, but it was a great experience, in line with the light Paul sheds on SA in the interview. I was killing time before a wedding, so I went browsing. Ended up A/Bing a Wampler Clarksdale and a Joe Bonamassa FET Driver (or something), and the guy helping me out talked pedals with me and really knew his stuff about the ones I was playing. Went with the Clarksdale with his help. He also wanted to show me a custom Klon clone that they took a small order of from a local builder - in an attempt to keep my field trip pass from my wife in good standing, I declined, but I thought it was very cool and unique that a big chain retailer would take orders on a local boutique product and sell them right in the store. Great for the little guy, and goes right back to how they did it for Paul. Also, knowing how much I like my Tumnus now, I really wish I would've checked out the pedal!

Check out this one....

Back