NHBID

SWEET !!!!
Congrats after playing Jims at your place the other day I am hooked and on the hunt :)

I would like the curvy dangerous backside shots as well. Wait, what were we talking about again?

Oh, and the frontside ain't too shabby! Yeah, I have a way with words with the women as well.

Would love to hear some sound clips if you're up to it.

Yeah... so I've wanted this guitar since they came out in, what, 1998?

The time had finally come, and with some left over inheritance money that I didn't get railroaded into (read: hid. My mother always taught me that a housewife has to have a stash) dumping in our home, I finally did it.

2004 McCarty Spruce Top Hollowbody I

x2ilJQ2.jpg

DEj4ICI.jpg

phiE7es.jpg

zk1gyLG.jpg

xrSIgGc.jpg

I couldn't deal with the black rings, tip, buttons, and knobs, so a drunk-ish trip to the John Mann's Guitar Vault website one evening rectified the looks issues I was having but tonally, this thing is the sh!t.

I didn't want or need the piezo, so there was no sense in having all that extra crap installed in the guitar, and I needed to find a spruce one. They're just the hollow body sound IMO, the HBII's look nicer and sound rad but.. when you wait almost 20 years for a guitar, you better get the one you want.

I was tempted by a gold one (duh) but a combination of price (way less than a new or used reclaimed S2 Vela or CE) and maturity made me grab this one. It's just a classic look and a timeless tone.

Archtop pickups rule, BTW. I love the lower output and tonal "depth" they have.
Congrats Serge, total class and understated beauty

That's a beaut, sir! I'd say congrats, but I already saw in the PSF thread that you trashed it. It was fun while it lasted!

I've never really had the hollow body bug. Probably something I should look into one of these days. Although my wife is a hollow body. Since the day we got together, she's hollow inside - or did she say she's empty inside? I'm not sure - synonyms confuse me. Or confound me. Or is it baffle me?

Freakin' yeah! Love a HB for myself one day. Have you been able to crank it yet for some howling and growling?
Make that spruce goose honk!
Congrats!

Not really crank it but, I definitely had to turn up quite a bit more to overpower the acoustic sound that emanates from it... it's a loud guitar.

A luthier friend of mine had one he had to sell. I couldn`t get the money together, so I had to pass. The first person who saw it after me bought it right away. They are fantastic guitars. Yours is the one I would want. That means I`m jealous. Just be glad I don`t live within 50 miles of you.

Last edited:
Back