NHBID

sergiodeblanc

Yeah... so I've wanted this guitar since they came out in, what, 1998?

The time had finally come, and with some left over inheritance money that I didn't get railroaded into (read: hid. My mother always taught me that a housewife has to have a stash) dumping in our home, I finally did it.

2004 McCarty Spruce Top Hollowbody I

x2ilJQ2.jpg

DEj4ICI.jpg

phiE7es.jpg

zk1gyLG.jpg

xrSIgGc.jpg

I couldn't deal with the black rings, tip, buttons, and knobs, so a drunk-ish trip to the John Mann's Guitar Vault website one evening rectified the looks issues I was having but tonally, this thing is the sh!t.

I didn't want or need the piezo, so there was no sense in having all that extra crap installed in the guitar, and I needed to find a spruce one. They're just the hollow body sound IMO, the HBII's look nicer and sound rad but.. when you wait almost 20 years for a guitar, you better get the one you want.

I was tempted by a gold one (duh) but a combination of price (way less than a new or used reclaimed S2 Vela or CE) and maturity made me grab this one. It's just a classic look and a timeless tone.

Archtop pickups rule, BTW. I love the lower output and tonal "depth" they have.

Dude, this one has no wings:(. This is so not you :cool:

You're stable is growing, Congrats :D

No sh!t. I think this is lucky 13. Guitars without trems need 'em less.

Glad you did this one instead of the gold one, too.

Yeah, we're both in the "Ridiculously Cheap Hollowbody Club" now. I couldn't do it for almost $700 more.

Dude...congrats...and great pics...enjoy it this weekend!!

Thanks, Bill! The newer iPhones make it hard to take crappy pics.

That
Fuggin'
Rocks!

Huge grin on my face for you because this is a dream realization. I love the hell outta those. Congrats bro!

So, did the noodling start with some George Benson? :D

Congrats on a successful hunt! Haven't seen many spruce ones out in the wild and that one looks immaculate. Really dig the mood in those first few pics too!

Back