NGSDBTS Day!

TheFezIncident

That's New Guitar Sent Directly Back To Seller Day. Man, I bought a 2016 CE24 that looked to be in great shape; got the guitar in this morning, took it out of the bag and everything was great except that the scarf joint where the headstock meets the top of the neck appeared to be giving up the ghost; that is, the joint had a distinct raised edge on one side, all the way to the fretboard. I have never seen or felt anything like that before. Also the scarf joint was extremely visibly, like someone had drawn it on the neck with a pencil.

Does anyone know what might cause this? Or has seen it before? Glue going bad? Humidity issues over time? Super disappointing.

EDIT - This should probably be in the PTC forum, sorry.

Sorry about the issue I've heard CEs are killer wish we could have seen a pic of the issue

Lol Alnus. Man, once I felt that raised edge on the scarf, I immediately packed it up and sent it on it's way, didn't even bother with pics, but in retrospect I should have. The seam was really opening up. The guitar itself was pretty dirty, I don't think the seller took good care of it, I am betting it sat in the sun, a number of hot cars, came in and out of super cool AC from super hot southern humidity, I am thinking years of this finally caused too much expansion and contraction.

Viperdoc, it was very dark, looked like it was drawn on the guitar neck.

Sorry about the issue I've heard CEs are killer wish we could have seen a pic of the issue

RIder, they are totally killer, this the absolute first time I have heard of this happening. Just need to buy a "mint" model for peace of mind! I Love deals, but it's a bummer when the guitar arrives dirty and gross, with several hours of cleaning and set up ahead of you.

Sorry to hear about your disappointing buy! You totally did the right thing sending it back.

Would have been interesting to see the scarf joint!

Apologies if I was making light of your bad experience!

oh, ^^ not at all. It was no harm, no foul situation, seller was totally cool with the return and full refund, he was really great. He made it into an interesting story instead of a bad guitar horror story.

Back