NGsD So I finally found my 594, and some others along the way.

Matte82

I really should have done a few of these, but to keep from writing creating several threads, I'll put them in one. So it's happy New Guitar(s) Day for me.

So just to back up, my first prs was 513. Amazing guitar, just not the right one for me. So I sold it to buy a 509. Except I never bought the 509. First I found a McCarty Soapbar with a IRW neck. Loved it. Didn't realize I had been infected, but I had. I bought an SE EG in bad shaped and customized it. I also found an SE 245 soapbar. Great guitar. Someone had already swapped the pickups for Bare Knuckles Blue Notes.

But most importantly, some where in there, I used the money from the 513 and wound up with a Wood Library 594. Mash Green with satin nitro. Absolutely blew me away. I did have a thread here about it if anyone wants to see it. I still check it out just to remember how awesome it was. But life happens and I had to sell it. But like I said I had the disease. I wanted another 594, but just couldn't justify it at first. But as time moved on, I saved up some money, and found this

ZyeEouym.jpg

An artist package 594 Soapbar with an IRW neck. I got it for an amazing price. I thought it might scratch the 594 itch. And here's a pic with my McCarty Soapbar.

eV6FgFxm.jpg

But as time went on, something was still missing. I needed more. At some point in my journey's I ended up with a set of Fishman Fluence Classic open humbuckers. And I needed something to put them in. So I bought a SE Paul's guitar. However when it got here, it was so good I've yet to swap the pickups. I still may, but just haven't decided. Anyway around that time the SE Silver Sky was also announced, I loved the Moon White color. So I ordered one. But try as I may, I still yearned for a 594. Nothing had that low mid clarity and growl it did..... But then one day.... I spotted this on eBay.... but the price was almost too good to be true... and then it got better. So I had to buy it.

W3RO3B2m.jpg
DuO4QH3m.jpg

And here's some more of the PRS family. I have others. I even bought others in the middle of all that. One day I'll get a good pic of the entire family. But for now I really feel like I'm done buying guitars. At least for a little while. Might even thin the heard a little. Don't want them not get played and feel lonely.

y5D5kTOm.jpg

Great collection already, especially those 594s. I wish my Soapbar had a rosewood neck; they feel great. Congrats :)
Thanks. :) and yeah I’m a sucker for a rosewood neck. Both of my soapbars gave them. And I have a partscaster with a rosewood neck also. I really wanted to find a 594 with a rosewood neck. But the one I found was just way too good of a deal to pass up over that “small” detail. Maybe someday I’ll find one with a rosewood neck and do a little trading. But until then I’m good. :)

I did say "for now", I realize there is no end or cure for the disease. But I think at least for the time being the symptoms have subsided.
There is a cure for the disease...but it involves careful forethought, reason, restraint, etc.

And where's the fun in that?

"Les, you're sending mixed messages here."

"Because I haven't decided which is more important, fun, or rational behavior."

"Perhaps if you'd learned to use your head, you'd be eating steak instead of cheeseburgers."

"Perhaps if you'd learned to enjoy cheeseburgers, you'd be having more fun."

Back