NG'sD - Custom 24 ..........and McCarty - thanks to you guys!!

Full disclosure. Not two new guitars on one day, but close enough that I'm combining them into one post. I actually picked up the faded green Custom 24 a few weeks ago......and then thanks to spending too much time on this forum got interested in the McCarty 594, and what do you know, one popped up at my local dealer that appealed to me, and now the quilted aquamarine has made its way into the quickly growing family. I was completely blown away by the latter when I saw it advertised - and even more so once I saw it in person. I thought it had to be a Private Stock, but not so. They both play beautifully too!

kFAguX1.jpg

ggfnPu6.jpg

U5nztGD.jpg

y9b93rY.jpg
$weetne$$

Full disclosure. Not two new guitars on one day, but close enough that I'm combining them into one post. I actually picked up the faded green Custom 24 a few weeks ago......and then thanks to spending too much time on this forum got interested in the McCarty 594, and what do you know, one popped up at my local dealer that appealed to me, and now the quilted aquamarine has made its way into the quickly growing family. I was completely blown away by the latter when I saw it advertised - and even more so once I saw it in person. I thought it had to be a Private Stock, but not so. They both play beautifully too!

kFAguX1.jpg

ggfnPu6.jpg

U5nztGD.jpg

y9b93rY.jpg
Hi @Stray Strummer .. incredible guitars… good for you. just wondering, was there a particular dealer that you used to buy the Custom 24 from?

Hi @Stray Strummer .. incredible guitars… good for you. just wondering, was there a particular dealer that you used to buy the Custom 24 from?
I usually go through Wild West guitars in Pasadena. They're great guys and have one heck of a variety of offerings - mostly Fender and PRS. They do a ton of business online, but since they're somewhat local I have a huge advantage in being able to visit the shop in person - and I've come to know the crew there somewhat. The CU24 turned out to be a model they had on the wall that I stumbled into. Actually had my sights set on a 24-08, but was led to believe that none were shipping anytime soon, so "settled" for the model with the switches. And I had really stopped by to check out a Piezo, but that green and the 24 fret model just called out to me.........and I was thrilled to get a version with the owl! ;)

I usually go through Wild West guitars in Pasadena. They're great guys and have one heck of a variety of offerings - mostly Fender and PRS. They do a ton of business online, but since they're somewhat local I have a huge advantage in being able to visit the shop in person - and I've come to know the crew there somewhat. The CU24 turned out to be a model they had on the wall that I stumbled into. Actually had my sights set on a 24-08, but was led to believe that none were shipping anytime soon, so "settled" for the model with the switches. And I had really stopped by to check out a Piezo, but that green and the 24 fret model just called out to me.........and I was thrilled to get a version with the owl! ;)
Thanks for your advise!:D

Back