NGearD - Now I'm Done...for awhile.

mapleleaf14

Got some new gear between yesterday and today...since I didn't get to go to the Hard Rock Indianpolis get together, I treated myself by blowing a bunch of money. :dontknow:

Now, I have to take a break from buying, but it should be easier now because I have finally gone totally PRS (except for my 2x12 Mesa Boogie cab...won't be getting a new cab til at least next year!)

First is a PRS Custom 50 2-Channel head from C.A.D. in "Slate"...

ABD158F1-DBD4-41F5-A71E-67CF7D3C484A-6201-0000030459568D5F_zpsac2e9810.jpg

So far, I am just loving this thing! As a matter of fact, the only thing I'm not liking about it so far is the fact that the color doesn't match any of my PRS guitars, so probably later on in the future I'm going to have to get something to match it. Who knows, maybe that'll be my first custom made PRS (up to this point, I've bought my PRSi "off the rack"!

Second, is this 408 MT Quilt in McCarty Sunsetburst. Not the greatest top but I kind of like the "understated" look and I've liked the way it plays since the first time I played it about a month or so back, and I've gone in to buy it a couple times in the past and left with a different PRS...I finally just got it!

1AA07E02-CBF5-45F2-A376-703476DDE4BB-6201-000003058FBE22AC_zps88962466.jpg

56B07CF7-3483-4DFD-A3E9-E9967A22076B-6201-000003057D0F9559_zpsef860219.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty guitar, the top has a lot of character (I'm kinda fond of the understated appearance as well). I have yet to try a PRS amp but next trip to GC I'll sit down with one. I'll be curious to hear how you get along with the 408...it's one of the models I'm considering for my next PRS.

Nice looking rig. Congrats on the amp. I know 11top also runs one of these with a Boogie 2x12. He said it sounded great.

Man! Slate looks fantastic as an amp face! Congrats on the guitar and amp!

"Now I'm Done...for awhile. "

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. :biggrin:

No, it's not very flamey, but it is really cool in an understated way. I'm digging' it!

With most tops, you take the whole flamey thing in, with this one, I'm catching myself staring at a small spot and then moving on to another small spot...

Sweet! I LOVE the way that guitar looks!

I wouldn't worry about matching the faceplate on the amp. It'd be "too matchy-matchy," as my wife says.

Congrats!

That understate top really has characters! I especially like the arm rest area where it is different to the rest of the top!

I have never, not even once, interested in PRS amps. But since I started to join this forum, my GAS for one is growing, exponentially! Damnnn!!!

Sweet, I really like that. I bet that amp sounds killer through the Mesa cab - its really hard to beat their cabinets. Have you spent much time with the piezo output?

Have you spent much time with the piezo output?

With the piezo in my P24? Yeah, I run it into an acoustic amplifier and mix the two...sounds great!

Sweet! I LOVE the way that guitar looks!

I wouldn't worry about matching the faceplate on the amp. It'd be "too matchy-matchy," as my wife says.

i was just thinking that'd be an excuse to buy another guitar down the road!

I've usually been a flame top kind of guy instead of quilt, because most quilts I've liked are the unbelievably nice high end ones (the blues that look like water, etc.) - seems like you can get a great flame top even on non 10-tops. But like Ron showed me (though its a bit hard to see in my iPhone pics!) there's more to look at on this top than I first noticed. You can see what I assume are "age rings" from the wood where the carve is that are kind of cool, and like previously mentioned there are spots here and there that catch your eye.

But as much as I love a nice looking guitar, this one plays and sounds great! That's most important to me.

Nicely done! Personally, I love that top! I like tops that look a bit different and unique. I think they paired that color nicely with that top as it kinda has that lava-esque look.

Oh yeah, please keep us up on how you're digging that amp! I considered that amp for a bit but then...

I have never, not even once, interested in PRS amps. But since I started to join this forum, my GAS for one is growing, exponentially! Damnnn!!!

I know how you feel my man, I ended up spending quite a bit more money after I joined this forum. However, I think the pieces that I bought are outstanding. I ended up grabbing the HXDA with a matching 2x12 Stealth. Awesome stuff!

Back