NGD

Rider1260

I'm not sure why every guitar I get has to have a story but they do.
Played Bodia Silver Sky liked it :) then he sold it.
Then I do a deal with Sergio to get his DC3 ( Love it ) figured single coil problem solved.
Still later Brian C gets a Silver Sky, did a set up on it so the trem was fully floating, enjoyed playing it, then a few weeks later I went to Brians to jam, really gave the Silver Sky a workout, really liked it.
Then Brian lists it and I thought about it to long - SOLD.
SO I made call call to the pusher of my last guitar ( Brett at Eddies Guitar ) and ( drum roll )

Yes Brian its the same color ;/

I haven't seen it in person yet, dying a bit at the moment, full review to follow but I'm not expecting to be surprised as I've played a couple before this one !!!

Unknown-1 by
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/
IMG_1578 by
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/
IMG_1575 by

I was playing mine last night again, swapping between the 594 soapy and SS.
I can't stop myself from picking it up.
Congrats, and I just love the Frost!

I tried one last year.

Those pix remind me... why no back cover?

The Santana does not have a backplate either , I was told once by a trem strat player that they sound less boxy without the cover most or my Strats were hard tails so I never had the issue

Lots of Strat players take the covers off and leave them off, so they can adjust the springs and the claw more easily, and also have a clearer shot at the little holes for string changes.

If you’re going to leave the cover off, might as well not have holes in the wood for the cover, I guess.

It looks great! I should go play one and see what the fuss is all about, even though I’m not a Strat guy.

Yes, you should. I don’t think I’m a Strat guy either, but man, I fell hard for this guitar. I had to put it in the rack to get time on my other guitars. @BeerBatteredPhish and I passed this guitar back and forth at the store for what I would have sworn was 20 minutes, but he said later it was an hour. It was a blast. I assume it still is.

Sweet, it's PRStratolystic.

il9r5Sj.gif

I tried one last year.

Because trem covers are dumb. :p

I really dig the white finish.

Looking forward to comparisons between the Silver Sky and the DC3.

I wonder if a large portion of the "not a Strat guy" contingent just haven't played a really good one yet. I am most definitely biased, because the Strat was my first love and in my opinion one of the most perfect guitars ever created. There are a lot of blah Strats that do that thing, but nothing exciting. But when you get a really good one, they can be so inspirational. It makes me think of Paul's "magic guitar" theory, which was surely a factor in the Silver Sky development. The one time I did play a Silver Sky, the neck was terrible to my hand for some reason, but I immediately recognized it as a really good one.

Back