NGD...

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
... and it's not a PRS. :eek: I decided to pick up a guitar today that's everything a PRS isn't - plain, lopsided, hums, and is raunchy as hell. And I love it! A vintage white Jazzmaster.

Sometimes you just gotta go with something a little nasty. They can't all be supermodels! :D

... and it's not a PRS. :eek: I decided to pick up a guitar today that's everything a PRS isn't - plain, lopsided, hums, and is raunchy as hell. And I love it! A vintage white Jazzmaster.

Sometimes you just gotta go with something a little nasty. They can't all be supermodels! :D

I have the currently produced "Professional Series" Jazzmaster, which is perhaps slightly more refined in the switching and bridge.
It has become my workhorse guitar for Broadway type orchestra pit musical theater show jobs, like "Bye Bye Birdie," and "The Adams Family," etc.

07587327-9ACF-43E1-91BB-3F7C9AEE5BD2.jpeg

Last edited:
I used my SE 245 for the Addams family. It really blended well. And then there was the banjitar for the banjo parts.............

A yes, my Goldtone six-string banjo worked well. I also had a ukulele that plugged in, so “Fester” could mime onstage.

I dunno about you, but the music reading in Adams Family stretched me even more than in Bye Bye Birdie!

But they certainly would have, if only Paul R. Smith wasn’t like 6 years old when surf bands were big.

I mean, have you played a Mosrite Ventures Guitar in a while? Pretty sure they’d have ditched ‘em for a PRS in a heartbeat.

Fair enough I suppose.

The Ventures album covers were fascinating on several levels to this -at the time- pre-teen.

Mosrite was the Roger Maris of the guitar world. I was always a Mickey Mantle loyalist!

Dude, I was still in middle school and playing the accordion. I have no excuse for my existence then or now.

Eeeeeww!

Use an accordion: go to jail!

When I started playing, most kids played those (or trombones).
My oldest brother’s friend used to come over and hook up his big ol’ archtop to our Hi-Fi, eventually blowing out the speaker. I was hooked right then and there!

Duane Eddy was my hero!

Eeeeeww!

Use an accordion: go to jail!

Ever play Cajun music? It’s a delight. Accordion’s a big part of it.

Also, you haven’t lived until you’ve heard a little kid pick up a big ol’ accordion and play Telstar. ;)

Which lifetime was that in Les. Are we going to talk about the “Sheep’s bladder” thing that you used to batter out Led Zepplin tunes on as a teenager in 12th Century Scotland!;)

I played the harp in Ur in 3500 BC. I get around.

Back