NGD

Elliot

Gandalf the Vintage Yellow
My love affair with the DC 245 started a few months ago when I noticed a really hot McCarty with a Santana headstock on the forum (Bodia might remember me asking about it). I had already loved the McCarty, and the 594 is super hot but way out of my reach right now. After I read more into the DC 245, I was GASing hard. After 3 whole business days since I paid, my new-to-me DC 245 arrived. 2015 model with 58/15's which I haven't seen much of. MINTY as an Altoid in a Chicago blizzard

I traced it back and it looks like it was originally sold by Wild West, new. See this link https://wildwestguitars.com/electri...ty-vintage-sunburst-10-top-with-58-15-pickups

Then it went through guitar Mav; see here
http://forums.prsguitars.com/thread...ed-dc-245-mccarty-and-we-have-in-stock.17365/

Wild west says it has nitro finish but since Pete educated me this morning on how PRS was not really putting nitro on non-PS guitars in 2015, I'm not sure that's true. Unusually, the MODCAT starts with "DC" not "CD" which is not the usual MODCAT for the DC 245. The decoder doesn't recognize it either. I haven't popped the PUPs to see if the "DC" is there also.

I bought it from a shop in Pennsylvania via ebay.

Fortunately the lighting is nice here in North-Western Indiana. Without further ado she's hot and she plays/sounds reeeeaaaal nice.

First pic is with flash -
kzE1kvp.jpg

Good shot of the "voodoo veins". (A term I dig, used by RedGuitars, at least twice.)

kVU4idx.jpg

9EKrNMr.jpg

64DPoAA.jpg

TjkZsaB.jpg

8PYKE73.jpg

JvfpRxX.jpg

Great score!! Dig it.

I thought I recognized that top as the one JD had. Awesome top, and beautiful finish.

That actually is one of the very best configurations of a Ted that you possibly could have scored, in my opinion. First, I think the 5815's sound better than the early 5708's. The early 5708's in the Ted's IMO had a lot of variability as to spec/output, and tone. The 5815's are pretty consistently awesome.

Second, that has the Ivoroid Binding. The original Ted's had a White Plastic binding painted Yellow/Cream. I like that binding a LOT better.

That beauty showed up at JD's just after I psychologically made the shift from DC 245's to 594's, otherwise I would have bought that in a heartbeat. ;)

Congrats!!

Beautiful!

A DC245 vs MC594 would be an interesting comparison.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You are all enablers. I can't imagine how many guitars the members on this forum are responsible for selling. You high-frequency-posters should get some kind of commission. ....Or maybe you do:confused: I smell a conspiracy.

Bangin'!

Hell yeah, I think you made a good choice, look at that top!

Thanks man I'm ready for your New McGuitar Day. I've seen you sniffing around the McCartys ;)

Great score!! Dig it.

I thought I recognized that top as the one JD had. Awesome top, and beautiful finish...

I appreciate your approval Pete. I thought it was unique because I hadn't seen many like it. Your info definitely helps reinforce my purchase :)

I do recall you asking about those headstocks. Dude, that one smokes! I love that top, and that color! Totally drool worthy! Well done!

I do recall you asking about those headstocks. Dude, that one smokes! I love that top, and that color! Totally drool worthy! Well done!

I love the Santana headstock man. I prefer the symmetry and the softer corners. The top is silky

Shopped my new Ted into my Avatar. Gandalf is ready to rock now.

Back