NGD

cjmwrx

Wheels
So a few weeks ago I made a big deal about a Whale Blue Cu22 I picked up (had been waiting for all my life etc...). I didn't take me long to find something else to trade it for. I just couldn't pass this one up, and I was finding I much preferred a 24 fret neck.

This was picked up used. It is a 2009 GC Limited Run Cu24. Artist figured top in Red Tiger Smokeburst. EIRW neck and fretboard, appears to be Ebony tuner buttons, but they could be rosewood as well. 59/09s and hybrid gold hardware. Love how fat and thick it sounds. Even more so with my switching/tone control changes. The neck is super slick and fast. In fact, I sold the rest of my finished neck PRSi and now only have my new Cu24 and my CE24. There is a small ding on the back of the neck by the heel. The original owner did not have the Artist case that came with it ( or kept it for himself) however GC has managed to take care of me there as well.

I traded my Cu22 I just bought, and my 2007 Matteo Blue SCT.

The switching was changed to a 3 way with 2 volume controls, and one Push-Pull for tapping. I have done this to all of my guitars, using the McCarty drop in with mods. This was a little different as it had a 5-way Schaller switch in it. So I grabbed an old Tele 3 way, and a push-pull 500K from my local shop. Knobs were changed to black PRS knobs. Love this guitar. Just love it. The rosewood neck really is "all that". I've had it now for a little over 3 weeks.

P9242764_zps457be5bf.jpg

P9242766_zps94b98284.jpg

P9242770_zps18bb1145.jpg

P9242771_zps2ac765e5.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet score!
I want to try a rosewood neck soon, too many tempting guitars on here now
enjoy it

I don't typically care for the look of red guitars, but that is a gorgeous red guitar! And ROSEWOOD neck to boot, fantastic score!!!

Beautiful top and rosewood neck. This should keep you happy for a long time.

Back