NGD: ZM SE

Danerada

Goatee Practitioner
So - I just traded my Seafoam Green SE One to jcolmn (John) for his ZM SE. I am still at work, so I haven't played her yet, but my son sent me some pics. John has installed Benson Handwound PAF pickups. Both are splittable. I am looking forward to playing this beauty when i get home today! Anyway here she is:

IMG_00246.jpg

IMG_00247.jpg

IMG_00248.jpg

What can I say, I just didn't dig it. I hope you bond with it. It does look good in pictures.

It looks so much better with the nickel covered pu's IMO

White or ivory pu rings and call it done

I got a chance to play the ZM SE last weekend, and in my estimation the pickups were the only weak link in that guitar. Great score, and I really like how those covered 'buckers look!

The One is very good. It has a great sound even when not plugged in. My guitar guy said it is the 1 piece bridge. I thought about various upgrades but returned it to stock sans the nut and an us volume knob. Definitely fills a niche in my collection.

Now only if the world outside this board learns of the greatness of the One and who Relient K is and how rare the guitar is it will even be monetarily valuable. It could happen...

I played it this weekend and used the split coil on the neck for some clean work. It sounds really good. The only issue is the volume drop, but I made due with some preparation. Had my setup dialed in for use with my guitar vol knobs at around 6 so that when I needed to I could turn up the vol knob on the neck pup and be fine in the mix.

Hi Dane,

took me a couple of days to realize you really did swapp the RK.:bawling:
The ZM is a real good looker. Dig the covered pu's :beer: have fun...

Hi Dane,

took me a couple of days to realize you really did swapp the RK.:bawling:
The ZM is a real good looker. Dig the covered pu's :beer: have fun...

Yeah I did. It was a cool guitar, but I had two SE One's and I had sold my first ZM to fund an amp and i immediately wanted another one. Couldn't pass this up.

Back