NGD: Zach Meyers SE

cpark_12

So, I've had an SE Santana for a year or so now and it's been my main guitar since I played it for the first time. I love it! I can get such a good sound out of it and play so many styles of music with it. Well, I happened to be on Sweetwater.com the other day and they had 2 ZMs in stock. I went ahead and snagged one up because I'd been looking at it for a while now. It came in the other day.

It really is a great looking guitar! Pics don't do it justice. It played well out of the box, but I went ahead and set it up for me. I replaced the nut with a graph tech. Put Kluson locking tuners on it. And went with 10 gauge strings. I set the intonation and haven't looked back! I've played it live 4 times since I got it and I love it! I'd love to split the coils, but I don't think you can with the stock pickups and they sound so good like they are, I don't want to change them.

Anyway, here's a pic. I'll get some more shortly.

Thanks guys! It's been awesome so far!

Is there some sort of write up for this?!

There should be a bunch of write ups for this sort of thing and probably some YouTube vids. Basically you find the wire that connects the two coils and solder another wire coming off it. Not too hard if you're moderately handy, and works well.

That's assuming the pickup is already coil-tapped. It should be a general thing for humbuckers -- look up "how-to split coil humbucker" or something to that effect. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.)

Can you coil-tap the SE 245 pickups? I haven't see any guitars in the line-up with those pickups that allow tapping.

Just wanted to show it off a little more and in some better lighting so you can see the flame and the truer color:biggrin:

That looks sweet!

I was playing my ZM last night, having a blast in Drop-D. They are great guitars, and an absolute steal at the price they go for!

They really are a steal for the price! I've never played a PRS core, but if they're better than these, I really need to get my hands on one!

CONGRATS !!! I love my ZM SE - I got the sunburst. That guitar has made my two Fender that cost twice as much "second fiddles".

Back