NGD - Yes, another WL509, in Violet Blueburst!

Last night my wife and I had a little mini-jam session, her on the (rock'n'roll) drum kit, m on the WL509. She plays percussion in our band (Irish drum a.k.a. Bodhran, tambourine, cabasa, etc), but is not as familiar with a regular drum kit - she's been practicing some recently, so this was a good time to work it out some more. I played through a Boss HM-2, sometimes with a TS-9 clone into it, into a Boss DM-2w for some light delay, into the Archon clean channel, and occasionally some additional delay in the loop.

I started by having us play along to some Pink Floyd - a few tracks off of the Delicate Sound of Thunder CD set - Comfy Numb, Sorrow, and Yet Another Movie - stuff with fun guitar solos and interesting drums tracks. So first off, before I decribe the guitar stuff: once she got into the rhythm, she did a great job playing drums to those songs (YAM is challenging, since the drum track as played on the CD is minimal in areas). She really wailed away on the outro solo to Comfy Numb, a great song for cymbal crashes and wild drum fills.

But that 509! Wow, it nailed all the stratty sounds I wanted! And so easy to play, I could run up and down that fret board so smoothly!

This guitar rawks!

We also played Wish You Were Here (not to the CD), and then just jammed to some random rhythm stuff I put into a looper. Got to experiment with the HB modes there. More great stuff!

I'll say it again - this guitar rocks!

Link to audio or it didn't happen.............................. o_O:D:cool:

I just recieved my Blue Fade. Top is stunning.
Sometimes the professional pics accentuate the quilt....but just as nice in real life.

May play nicer than my PS 513....the satin maple neck is nuts. However, do love both in their own way...

Real amazing addition to the family.

Q2uEXqR

This arrived at work today. Got lots of oohs and aahs as I opened it up, ever so carefully!

Plays very nicely (gee, what a surprise) - I tested it at really really low volume through a practice amp I keep at work (it is lunch time, but I usually use headphones). The tones sound pretty interesting - can't wait to get it home and run it through my Archon or HXDA.

The quilt is very 3D - as you move around (or move the guitar around), the hills and valleys really stand out as 3D textures.

The violet is a little less intense than some that I have seen - comes across nicely!

Shout out to @Brian G for fantastic service once again!

First the case, which is very nice, and will probably never leave the house except when/if I move:

YRP61TQ.jpg

Top view, overall:

KXyLHvh.jpg

Top view of the body:

nbDpTGz.jpg

Side view, showing the lovely swamp ash back a bit:

AwzTFmu.jpg

Back:

xnAnsKl.jpg

If you look at the back normally, it blends very nicely, almost looks like a one-piece back. You can see the three-piece build of the back in this view:

D6BUKJa.jpg

Flamed maple neck, very smooth with that "naked/satin" feel:

hQbONbi.jpg
DA BOMB...Congrats

I just recieved my Blue Fade. Top is stunning.
Sometimes the professional pics accentuate the quilt....but just as nice in real life.

May play nicer than my PS 513....the satin maple neck is nuts. However, do love both in their own way...

Real amazing addition to the family.

Q2uEXqR
@Haig , your image links are broken. You need to grab the direct link to the image, not the album.

The first one, your WL509 I assume, is completely broken.

I could extract the link from your second "image", so like this:

Q2uEXqR.jpg

You need to grab the direct link to the image, not the

@Haig , your image links are broken. You need to grab the direct link to the image, not the album.

The first one, your WL509 I assume, is completely broken.

I could extract the link from your second "image", so like this:

Q2uEXqR.jpg

You need to grab the direct link to the image, not the

Gulp!

Shinksma you the man!

haven't been on the forum for awhile due to work, but "wow".....the guitars shown in this thread are beyond amazing....total works of art.....I was going to post a "NGD" thread tomorrow, but kind of feel embarrassed with a measly used non 10 top charcoal burst.....

haven't been on the forum for awhile due to work, but "wow".....the guitars shown in this thread are beyond amazing....total works of art.....I was going to post a "NGD" thread tomorrow, but kind of feel embarrassed with a measly used non 10 top charcoal burst.....

Do it! If you haven’t already

Back